Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticing that only marked characters can take a god-aligned steed, in CSM codex, i wondered: "What about unmarked guys?"
Where's our mutated steed?
So here's a proposed add-on:

Chaos Reward:
An unmarked model may take a Chaos Steed - 10 pts

A Chaos Steed grants +1A, Fear and model type becomes Cavalry

Neat and easy.
What do you think?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Personally I would never take it, but then again most steeds do not flow with my mojo.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agree, me too... I can't really come up with something better... Maybe if gave also Rend on the HoW hit...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Agree, me too... I can't really come up with something better... Maybe if gave also Rend on the HoW hit...
I would still rather buy a bike. Which is probably the only reason I don't care about the lack of an undivided steed.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sad but true. You can't beat +1 T, jink, extra movement and HoW...
All i could do is +2 A, Fear, Cavalry, D3 HoW attacks for 15 points... but at that point...

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
How about Wings? The unit becomes Jet Pack infantry for ~25pts.
What would be about as good an "equivalent upgrade" as you could buy, I think.

Of course, I'd still rather a bike. This design space will always be defined by the best option available in it, and really, only the Juggernaut compares favorably to a bike... (or if Outflanking is your thing, there is the rare use for a Steed of Slaanesh).

·
Registered
268 Posts
I really like it as it gives a cheaper way to create a fast moving character, harkening back to chaos lieutenants. The biggest benefits over a bike would be +1 attacks and retaining fleet when joined to a unit of chaos spawn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts