Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. This is for my Emperors Children army. Its geared for frendly games and I've tried making it at as faithfull to the legions background Please let me know what you think and how I can tailor it for a 1500pt game.
I have also Lucius to use as well. Future ideas are adding more daemons and the mega looking Sonic Dreadnought from Forge World.

HQ

Daemon Prince
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Slaanesh

Lord
Mark of Slaanesh
Terminator armour
Daemon Weapon
Personal Icon

Elites
Terminators
Champion#5
Reaper autocannon
Melta combi
Lightning claw
Chainfist 2

Troops Noise Marines 5
Champ
Power fist
personal icon
Doom siren
Sonic blaster (3)
Blastmaster

Noise Marines 8
Champ
melta bombs
personal icon
Power wpn
Doom siren
Sonic blaster
Blastmaster

Noise Marines 9
Champ
Power Weapon
personal icon
Doom siren
Sonic blaster #2
Blastmaster

Rino

Heavy Support

Obliterators 3 225

Havocs 5
champ
Autocannon
Missile #2
Las cannon
Power fist

Daemons Greater Daemon 100

Lesser Daemon 7 Daemonettes 91

5 Chaos Hounds 65

Allied
Troops Traitors/Cultists 15
Agitator
130 ( These are codex eye of terror and am using Necromunder figures)

:good:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Why not use the magic number of 6 (or 12) in some of your squads and get the free aspiring champ for the plus leadership and such?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hiya plug,

I do love Slaanesh! Well,

Ordinarily I don't like special characters but if you are going super fluffy maybe adding lucius wouldn't be a bad idea.

I am not a great lover of mixed havoc squad weapons, but each to their own. Just beacuse I am not a fan of mixed units I would drop them in favour of the obliterators.

If you are taking melta bombs on one of your champs give the rhino to that squad. Blast them donw field and you may get lucky and make contact with a vehicle. That said, rhinos don't work so well alone so it could be an easy 35 points to drop if you need to save points.

Just a personal preference for the troop choices, level them all off to about level numbers. If you can (models permitting) drop the champ weapons - cc or long range saves points while a mixed approach may give you more options it also wastes points each turn.

I would be inclined to drop the terminator hq and the elite terminators. The sonic weaponry in your squads is potent and will be more than enough punch. That may even give you enough points to eith run lucius as a second hq or run the agitators as another cheap troop unit (I haven't run the numbers so not sure).

That would be my take on it. I do have a bias in that I like large body counts in armies.

Whether this is helpful or not, best of luck with your army!

All the best,

Zeldrin

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
shame you can't find points to get that daemon prince some wings, other then that looks pretty good.

i would maybe drop the havoc squad and put the oblits in all 3 HS slots, with the points left give the DP wings and rhinos for the units who don't have them, also try and bump up the 5 man noise marines.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the advice, will try out these ideas and let you know the result. Unfortunatly I can't give the Prince wings as his already built but I am going to change his pyshic power to warp time to make him a bit more handy in hth.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just pay for the cost of Wings and say he Levitates :eek:k:

Also, I would bring all of the Noise Marine units down to 6 and with the points saved get Rhinos for all of them. You may want to ditch the Blastmasters on all of the squads because 40pts for just one gun on a single wound model, is just too much IMO. Your better off using the points saved from those Blastmasters and getting Oblits

·
Registered
59 Posts
how about taking 1 or 2 men from your 9 man noise marine squad and giving them to your 5 man squad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts