Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well what colour is the base colour for the cleaved the guys at my GW are being p***** about it and won't tell me so i'm hopping you can help me out a bit?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

this is what they look like, what colour(s) would they be?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks, so would something like Dark flesh for the basecoat? or should i stll have that black? then have bleached bone with kommando khaki use it as a highlight?

i could do a really quick one but it won't have a dark flesh basecoat, do you think i should?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
You probably want something lighter than dark flesh, maybe start with graveyard earth, this is a good base colour for paler shades, and covers fairly well. I think a grey may look too cold for that shade of armour.

·
Registered
3 Posts
An Answer to your cleaved color question.

Basically just go buy the foundation paint called Dheneb Stone and your done.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I'd start it from a white spray, then use REALLY watered down Dheneb Stone-- remember, Foundation Paint is pretty thick. Highlight it with Bleached Bone and then Skull White on the extreme edges. Then, it's just a question of playing with inks and applying the appropriate brown, green, and red stains.

As a modelling note, I'd cut into their feet to make cloven hooves. Kind of fits with the name, and if nothing else, is very Nurgle-y.

·
Registered
3 Posts
legal altimatum (threat)

This is a quote from the book they hand out at GW "we will help you and provide you WITH PAINTING ADVICE" so all u need to say to them is ":threaten:tell me now or i will phone the manager to fire you!:angry:" cruel i know but its about grabbing life by the horns :biggrin: and they will be like :shok: "OK we will tell you but dont fire us please!" capish problem solved:).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have got it! hormanogaunt purple (foundation) and kommando khaki (a lot of KK) with a tich of white, or add a lighter colour similiar to kk like bleached bone to replace it

·
Registered
922 Posts
The combo is catachan green/tentacle pink, 50/50. Add dheneb stone to flavor. Highlight with dheneb stone, and build up. Yes, yes there's a hint of pink in there. :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts