HEAVY SUPPORT
8 chaos space marines - 225pts
- lasscannon
- 3 x missile launcher
- IoCG

1,498 points
47 foot sloggers
8 bikers

i know this lacks range anti tank but i rekon this army would be fun to use.

the Havocs pops any tanks they can see.

the bikers and chosen cause as much havoc as they can to hopefully leave the 2 15 man units alone and when they get to combat they add there weight.

lord will most likely go with a 15 man unit, unless there a weak unit somewhere for him to take down on his own.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
If you fought some one with loads of Tanks your havocs would only be able to shoot one tank per turn which would be a major problem, and the lord might aswell be a Daemon Prince it can do more damage to vehicles and will last longer.

which God are you?

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you fought some one with loads of Tanks your havocs would only be able to shoot one tank per turn which would be a major problem,
How do you figure that he would only be able to fire one shot a turn? I see a Lascannon and 3 Missile launchers, am I mistaken or isn't that 4 shots a turn?

·
Registered
114 Posts
u ll have problems with shooting armies in my opinion. A defiler would give more soloutions mostly on the drawing fire thing so u ll be abel to flank with ur bikers (which i dont like at all) and loads of difficult terrein would give u trouble...

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I kind of agree with gore hunter here.

You can't rely on short range weapons for anti tank, for a whole lot of reasons. Including:

• You play against gore hunter's maelstrom of gore, or nids, orks or something. You put your models within 12" of his models. Do I need to go on?
  • You play against my Tau, mech eldar or something like that. Your melta guns have to cross the whole table to get at my tanks, which can just move away any time they want. I kill your havoc squad (which I can do in a turn's shooting easily enough) and then the table is mine to do what I want with.
  • You never get to fire at a tank in the first turn of the game, ever. By the time you get to fire it has already shot at you a bunch of times, delivered its transported troops or whatever. It doesn't just matter how much you can kill during a game, it matters when you kill it.
  • It forces you to play in a particular way. You have to go near the enemy to hurt them and that can cause a whole set of problems. It makes you predictable, you can't stay on objectives and so on.

It's a bit odd saying you could easily deal with an army but it may also be true. People are asking for (constructive) feedback when they post armies so I don't think it makes sense to go around calling people arrogant for saying what they think.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd say that anything you can do to make the army as a whole faster would be a good idea. I play mainly cc armies, and I can tell you that there is nothing more frustrating than your short range/close combat squad chasing the enemy the whole game, and being unable to catch them (Eldar and Tau, I'm looking at you). To be fair, you have bikers to be "tar" as 'Nid players love to say, but I can see this army getting pretty frustrated.
I'd probably try to consolidate the 30 CSMs into 3 squads of 10, and find the points to put them in rhinos, as that way they can at least get dropped off in rapid fire range. Otherwise those squads are liable to spend the game running towards the enemy, unable to shoot their full 24" range due to moving, and just basically being pissed off. Not a problem against all armies, but when it is, it's really annoying.

·
Registered
59 Posts
take 2 vindicators instead of the havocs and power fist in the biker squad.
p.s only take 5 man squads of havocs because you can only have 4 heavy weapons, and the icon of chaos glory is useless to, you shouldn't have to take many or even any leadership tests as a havoc squad

1 - 13 of 13 Posts