Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Reasonably new player here.

Any advice on the following list against nids this afternoon.

Daemon Prince w wings and warp time
Obliterator x 1
Obliterator x 1
Plague Marines x 5 w/rhino and two flamers
Plague Marines x 5 w/rhino and two flamers
Bikers x 3 with champon plus two flamers

Was thinking along the lines of keeping the plague marines in the rhino and smokin dudes with their flamers until they are forced out.

Bikers can lead the charge, smoking more dudes with flamers.

Obliterators to deep strike from the rear and provide heavy support or start the game on the board. Not sure yet.

Daemon Prince I am not sure what strategy to use yet. First time I have used one.

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was also thinking of swapping the bikes for 5 x Raptors with 2 x flamers and a champion. Wish I had enough points for Mark of Khorne and a power weapong though.

I hate playing such small games, it's much harder to choose your troops.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, you should definitely start the oblits on the board. They are your only long ranged shooters and their 20% or your total force anyway. You'll be wanting to use them right from the get go.

You could also trying infiltrating or outflanking a small group of chosen (5) with 5 flamers or 3 flamers/2 meltas (to help with a MC) for about the same price. You'll lose the mobility but have more firepower.

Keep that DP in cover (behind a rhino works) or combat.
Your DP is the only thing beside your oblits that can really handle harder targets (MCs) so choose his combats wisely.

You've probably already had your game ( let us know how it went) , but theirs always next time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts