Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
The war on the ground - Marines fucking dominated. However, factor in the battle above and you realise that probably the most popular SM list, White Scars, was practically made to be tied up, gagged, and raped by the Heldrake's giant flaming dragon penis, as were it's primary Scoring option in Tactical Marines.

So bring three Heldrakes, rinse, repeat. What's new?

Midnight

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
In which case a Tactics discussion is a bit of a wash for you, isn't it?

No specific unit is really good, as far as I can see so far, but the army builds and plays much better than the Chaotic Monobuild. SM don't have a Heldrake, but they don't have any slot that's full of redundant, bad units, with most choices being at least playable. Some stuff is a lot better than others (White Scars are better than Raven Guard, Plasma is pretty much better than Grav), but everything is pretty viable in the right combinations.

Midnight

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
They got cheaper but it's all the same.
Plague marines seem to be a great answer to lots of popular space marine spam lists(the hit-and-run biker army comes to mind. Negating the charge bonus EVERY time is really nice.)
I fought against a drop pod army today, in CC we still mop up marines provided they brought special characters(Our custom-made Lords/daemon princes>most of their special characters).

Sure they have shit ton of bolters, but we have answers. Answers like paying seventeen points for a marine with t5 standard. Or taking black legion and blinding a third of their army every turn.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They got cheaper but it's all the same.
Plague marines seem to be a great answer to lots of popular space marine spam lists(the hit-and-run biker army comes to mind. Negating the charge bonus EVERY time is really nice.)
I fought against a drop pod army today, in CC we still mop up marines provided they brought special characters(Our custom-made Lords/daemon princes>most of their special characters).

Sure they have shit ton of bolters, but we have answers. Answers like paying seventeen points for a marine with t5 standard. Or taking black legion and blinding a third of their army every turn.
All these flavours and he chooses to be one boring cunt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts