Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyo, with the introduction of IA13, I wanted to add some Chaos Rapier artillery kits to my army, but I'm trying to see if I can find a cheaper option than the Forge World 30k Rapiers. They really aren't very Chaosy at all.

For the conversion beamer/laser destroyer options, I think this could make a pretty sweet gun:
(From the Blood Throne/Skull Cannon kit):

From there, I have to find some appropriate base for the gun and some means of it moving itself.

For the heavy bolters, I dunno. I think once these fucking things are built I'll have to "counts as" if I wanna use them.

What am I missing? Any other suggestions you guys can think of?

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It might be a little on the nose, but I could mount them on Juggernauts. After looking through the gw website I'm not really seeing anything that works. Of course, my plan for cheaper cannons would go out the window... but they would look so cool!

Most daunting is the fact that juggies are all charging, and I would need their legs in a stationary, braced position. That might be beyond my modelling skills.

Obviously the thunderfire cannon works, but it's just as good as the FW kits I wanted to avoid. Eldar grav artillery is pricey and not very Chaosy, either. I don't want them to end up looking like biovores, and thought about using some necron spidery limb parts, but again nothing seems ideal.

The search continues...

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Hmm well it depends on your budget, and your ability to scrounge up spare parts, but the idea I originally had was to mount it on the legs of a Helbrute, replacing the upper body and torso.

The legs in the full kit are quite stationary and you could easily cut away the large end of the cannon and put it on the legs. With a little bit of greenstuffing, that would make it a Frankenstein'ish walking cannon with the stability of a Helbrutes.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds really cool! Depending on how lucky I am on eBay, it could work. Could always find some old AoBR dreads and add some daemonic flair.

In pursuit of the juggy idea, I thought about using the older version of the sculpt:

Not bad, but I'll probably be paying ~12 bucks a juggy, plus about 6 per cannon. Not bad...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts