Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey dont know if this is the right section for this question but ill try anyway.

im starting a chaos space marine army but i wanna have traitor IG units in it. I didnt know what rules there were with that in 5th edition, if any. I've got the eye of terror codex but can i only use the units in that codex in an "eye of terror" game?

sorry if this is a dumb question or if it is the wrong section.

·
Registered
212 Posts
you could also take and use the imperial guard codex, cut off the cover, and set a "Traitor Guard" cover instead, and use those rules.
if not you can just use the IG codex, and instead of sprouting praise to the golden throne, shout curses and whip your soldiers to battle, and let the blood flow, for the Blood God.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hmmm.

Use the Imperial Guard Codex as your traitor guard, and Ally in GreyKnights using the Demon Hunter's Codex, calling them Chaos Marines...

Bout the only way to get both Leman Russ and Space Marines in the same army any more.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
and boy do we get those around here....:p

Welcome to the forums, nvrstock! This is definitely the place for a rules query and a healthy debate (as long as it's not Doomed).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that sucks you cant have CSM and Traitor Gurd in the same army anymore. thought it would be really cool. I guess ill see if anyone minds if i just use the eye codex and my csm codex.

dont really understand why GW would make it so you cant use them together especially if you read the horus books and see how many IG actually turned with horus.

any other deas on how to make it legit as possible would be awasome.

·
Registered
592 Posts
that sucks you cant have CSM and Traitor Gurd in the same army anymore. thought it would be really cool. I guess ill see if anyone minds if i just use the eye codex and my csm codex.

dont really understand why GW would make it so you cant use them together especially if you read the horus books and see how many IG actually turned with horus.

any other deas on how to make it legit as possible would be awasome.
Read the following.

Hmmm.

Use the Imperial Guard Codex as your traitor guard, and Ally in GreyKnights using the Demon Hunter's Codex, calling them Chaos Marines...

Bout the only way to get both Leman Russ and Space Marines in the same army any more.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Remember, as long as your opponent agrees you can do whatever you want!

Run the EoT codex, it is far from overpowered. The only thing you cannot do is play in tournaments with it.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Because it would be horribly overpowered, imagine Marine infantry, Gaurd tanks, maybe some lictors as anti artillery and some lash of slaanesh daemon princes as HQ.

You can't mix codices in anyhting other than 'wacky' fun games because you slew the whole balance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i understand that you could be overpowered but i think a balanced codex for traitor guard and CSM could be done and i think it would be awasome. but im gonna go with the IG codex and the ally grey knights idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts