Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a viable/worthwhile option to try and build an all khorne army? Or would that be going overboard? Is Chaos' strength in the fact that you can use a mixture of all gods or are they there just as an option for flavor?

·
Registered
598 Posts
you cant really mix the gods, each army, if devoted to a god, must be devoted purely to them if you want to use there rules.
you could treat them as an option for flavour as it depends on what styles you like, etc.
khorne are combat nasties, if your into that, then go for it~

as it being worthwhile..any army is worthwhile if you play it right and have the determination or assemble and play it

good luck with your army!

·
Registered
389 Posts
is there and actual rule saying that u may only devote your army to one god
bacause otherwise you cant mix plague marines into your army with khorne bazerkers and i know that alot of people do things like that in their armies?

·
Registered
49 Posts
well the all khorne bezerker army would be cool if you could get them all into combat but this is the problem to get the army to work you have to get alot of rhinos witch is alrite if they survive long enough to get them across the battle field I personaly like a mix of units plague marines and thousand sons are really nice units but if you want alot of attacks then khorne is the way to go I would try puting 1-2 defilers with the extra close combat weapons so you have some good fire power backing you and if they blow off the cannon then you can just fleet it rite into your opponents fire line any way i wish you good luck with your army.

·
Registered
49 Posts
is there and actual rule saying that u may only devote your army to one god
bacause otherwise you cant mix plague marines into your army with khorne bazerkers and i know that alot of people do things like that in their armies?

yes you can mix different choices in troops in the new book.

·
Banned
135 Posts
The new codex lets you mix followers of all the gods in one army. For assault, try a unit of Chaos Terminators with the Mark of khorne and some aspiring champions. Add some Noise Marines of Slannesh for fire support. There is no real need to devote the entire army to one god. Think of it like the ancient greeks - they'd invoke different gods for different purposes.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The new CSM book should have been called the Black Legion book for what it gives you (in the same sense the SM dex should have been called the Ultramarine Codex). You can run an all Khorne army, and yes you can win with it but it will not be as powerful as the 3rd ed version where you can run bloodletters and other khorne demons. But overall you would be better off to breakdown and make a blacklegion armylist with a mix of gods for different purposes. I would suggest getting a better paint scheme then the BL khorne model in the dex, though, because it looks like shit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts