Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be starting up a plague marine army soon and I have a question for you guys on how I can make them, I have some green stuffing skill however I'm not perfect, so my question is:

Would it be better to buy a kit of ordinary chaos marines, then green stuff them to make them look disgusting and nurgly? (I love green stuffing but I am not confident if my skills will pay off) Or should I buy the marines, then purchase the Forgeworld bodies. (this goes over my budget) Lastly, should I just buy the metal marines (I hate metal models, especially since there's 7 instead of 10). So what's your opinion, oh and if any of you guys out there actually HAVE plague marines, please tell me what you did!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Svartmetall has a tutorial on all things nurgly. That would probably help you out. I would personally go with green stuffing csm then buying the metal plague marines or the forgeworld ones. Not that either kit isnt any good... It's just that there are only so many combinations you can do with those. Anyways, have fun swimming in the rot.

Eske

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've bookmarked all of his tutorials. I'll probably need to practice alot on making fleshy bits, quick question, what does he use to make good looking tubes/hoses that go into their helmets etc?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Personally, I say get the regular and greenstuff them. It's how you get better. Even if they sorta suck, you can stick them in the back of your army so the better ones are the eye catchers. Have to learn some how right?

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
Yes, yes and yes!

1) It's easier to get a squad > 7 doing it that way
2) Customisation plus it's Nurgle, if it looks retarded...then Nurgle is happy :D
3) Australia's dumbarse prices, you'll save yourself an arm and a leg

It's what I'm currently getting around to do as well eventually :)

Grish

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
Ah but you see, we have Maelstrom! Who wouldn't want a chaos box set for $34?
<cringe>

Damn you and your Heresy...bye GW lol :laugh:

Grish

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm not positive what he uses... but it looks like guitar string. I use spunt copper safety wire, but I'm an aircraft mechanic so it's easy to get ahold of.:biggrin:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Probably go for a mix. Get one kit of FW plague marines, and convert another ten regular CSM. Mix the parts, FW shoulderpads on your converted marines and the like.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Do you know anyone who plays vampire counts? The zombie boxset comes with ALOT of spare bits.. With a bit of green stuff you can get some interesting looking plague marines..

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
390 Posts
personally i buy the GW kits but I do pure fluff death guard so I'm fine with 7 :p

However, that maelstrom games caught my eye... what's the P&P like?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
personally i buy the GW kits but I do pure fluff death guard so I'm fine with 7 :p

However, that maelstrom games caught my eye... what's the P&P like?
It's great, I got my codex all wrapped nicely with packs of inflated plastic balls to keep it safe. If your order is 10 pounds or more, it's free shipping! You can get moneyback as well to use in further orders. :wink:

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I would agree with getting a mix. Yes the original PMs are metall and hard to convert. On the other hand they have separate arms you can mix and match with std csms and posessed. My suggestion would be a squad of possesed, an squad of marines and a squad of PM's and mix them up as much as possible. A bit of gs on each and you will have 22 marines. Don't forget the standard and the PM head on the csm sprue. Also the PM boxed set has no meltagun. Using the std marine set at least gives you the option.

·
Registered
742 Posts
1. Take a regular chaos marine, with a normal head, at least one with the typical resp. mouth. Cut off the horns, if any, and put one in his forehead.

2. On the belly, cut off a part of the belly, and put GS in the hole, don't make it fat, either skinny. You should propably do this before attaching arms.

3. Green stuff-cover the upper part of the belly, leaving the guts showing.

4. Put a rebreather tube in the mouth of it, have it leading down into the belly, or to the backpack.

5. Sculpt poxes and such, and add spikes! Also add battle damage and sand as rust!

There you go, a finished plague marine! I have never tried this myself, but i can imagine it, and it looks cool in my head.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts