Berserkers-222
Champion, 6normal, powerfist, rhino

Defiler-150
+2 CCW

Defiler-150
+2 CCW

Obliterators-150
2 obliterators

Leaves me with 219 points, and i cant figure out whether i should go for noise marines or plague marines as my home objective holders. Plague marines are tough and can hold their own in cc, but noise marines with a blastmaster are cheap and effective.

anyway, my idea was for kharn to ride with one of the berserker squads and be the heavy hitters of my army. meanwhile, the defilers will move up and blast at the enemy and try to get into cc. The obliterators will provide fire support. This way either kharn and co. or the defilers will reach the enemy and tear them apart with the obliterators popping vehicles and laying down plasma cannon templates.

what do you think of this list? should I go for noise or plague marines to hold my home objective? is my strategy good?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
is my strategy good?
To be fair it's not really your strategy, and ofcourse it works, Because it's a working list made by Hesky used by me and him.

Don't go trying to claim this as your own ;) It's Hesky's List!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whoops, need to mind my choice of words ( you and my english teacher have something to agree on :)). Hope you dont mind me using your list though, don't worry, I wont patent it as my own :grin:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I don't mind :) But then again it's not my call! I'm sure he'll be fine with it, not like it's a big deal i spose.

But yeah, you got the strategy dead on! Happy Slaughtering :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm going to have to give this list a try sometime. =) I wouldn't mind having a little cheap squad of Chosen with Meltas in a Rhino to pop anything the Oblits can't get. =)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i'm going to go for plague marines to hold my home objective, they are generally tough and they can shut down a charge with their blight grenades as well as 2 special weapons act as good discouragement from trying to take my objective.

thanks for all the help guys! now it's time to build up my army and slaughter the servants of the false emperor!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Berserkers work best in squads of 8 form what ive herd, and it appears your running 9 in each of your squads?
if so make them 8 then spend the rest of your points on either noeice marines or plague marines

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
8 is the Number of Khorne. :))
7 Is the number of Nurgle
6 is the number of Slaanesh

and 9 is the number of Tzeentch

That what i figure anyway. :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
If you have to choose another cult for holding objectives plague marines are second to none. Get them in cover and they just live forever...

As for berserkers you really need to run them in units of 8. You dont want to wipe out everything you charge all the time as sometimes it exposes you to fire. And also you dont want too small a unit. Especially one containing Kharn.

Any rhino containing berserkers/kharn needs every chance it can of reaching its target. This means extra armour. Meaning a roll of 2 on the vehicle damage table becomes a 1. So for the same reason dont really take extra weapons on the rhino either. Its a waste of points. I guarantee also that whichever rhino you put kharn into will become your (smart) opponents prime target. So have it go as fast as possible and pop smoke first turn. Once he is in combat thats a different story.

Go for something like this..

Kharn the Betrayer 165

(8) Berserkers 258
Skull champ w/ Power Fist
Rhino w/ Extra Armour

(8) Berserkers 258
Skull champ w/ Power Fist
Rhino w/ Extra Armour

(8) Plague Marines 294
Plague Champion w/ Powerfist
2x Meltaguns
Rhino w/ Extra Armour

Defiler 3xDCCW Heavy Flamer 150

Defiler 3xDCCW Heavy Flamer 150

(3) Obliterators 225

1500 points exactly..

Its a fairly solid and standard list. I normally run plague marines in squads of just 7 but in this case I had 23 points left over so might as well have another :) Besides if plague marines are going to guest in a mighty khorne force they should adhere to Khornes favourite number.. Even those festering puke buckets bleed should khorne feel it necessary to keep them in line..

And oh...
Noise marines...
Slaanesh....
Seriously?

Eurghhhh

·
Registered
941 Posts
drop 1 plague marine off hesky's list, as said before, plague marines work better in 7s, other than that, fine.

·
Registered
477 Posts
drop 1 plague marine off hesky's list, as said before, plague marines work better in 7s, other than that, fine.
What would you use the 23 points for? That seems like a silly thing to do really. Plague marines are more cost effective in groups of 7 but they dont "Work better.."

As I mentioned when I selected 8 of them above there was exactly the right amount of points left over for an extra one. So why would you not spend it on a plague marine.

Whilst 7 plague marines is indeed the most cost effective use of the unit I fail to see how the squad would perform worse with an additional plague marine. Unlike say berserkers for example which you clearly do not want to wipe out every squad you charge in the hope that your opponent will have just one or two survive through his own turn..

I am curious as to your thinking though?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
7 is nurgle's number.

Thus they work better in 7s

Are you questioning a god of chaos?

·
Registered
941 Posts
not only a chaos god, but are you questioning a primarch? (me)

·
Registered
477 Posts
If you both respond with a better answer than plague marines are just better in 7's I promise not to feed you to my flesh hound :)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Just accept that it is fact. :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
As soon as you give me a good reason to spend the remaining 23 points elsewhere on something more useful than an extra plague marine I would be glad to consider that I may be wrong. Until then the list is very strong and there is no reason other than fluff to leave it out. Especially as their is only one really strong objective holding unit in that list. An extra plague marine will do nothing but help.. It certainly couldnt hinder him.

I apologise to the OP that this thread is degrading slightly but the list I offered was a strong one. I am not in the habit of accepting fact without any sort of backing for the logic either. Such is the way online forum sheep are created..

Now explain why the plague marine hinders the squad baa'd boy.. :)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Plague Marine's have strong emotional feelings towards models from another box, they are born and brought up in 7's ..

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
941 Posts
7! no more needs to be said...

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
lol, you guys are funny. I'm with you Hesky. That Plague Marine should stay where he is...unless you also dropped all the EA and one Oblit for a squad of Chosen to infiltrate with Melta and give your guys time to cross the board.

I'd like to discuss how useful EA is. I've only ever used it once because it didn't make sense to me.

Please correct me if my logic is at fault here.

EA turns a 'Stunned' result into a 'Shaken' result, effectivly meaning that you can continue moving on a 1-3 damage result. 50% chance of continuing to move on a Pen and 83% chance on continuing to move on a Glance (non-AP1).

Getting hit without EA means you have a 44% of continuing to move on a Pen and a 66% chance of continuing on a Glance.

We're talking about 15 points for a 6% difference on a Pen and a 17% difference on a Glance.

I'm not saying that taking EA is the incorrect choice, I'd just like to hear why you stress it so much.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts