Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well looks like There are only 5 seperate lists now. Black legion and all the rest coming under one banner and the four different gods.

Also DAEMON NERF
looks like theres only 2 types of daemons, Lesser and Greater. :(

·
Registered
804 Posts
Urm Jigg may i ask where you got this info from?
Just seems totally out there when it comes to reduxes, but never know with GW :?

·
Registered
804 Posts
:(
Well in the process of trying to kill IW they kill all the other undevided legions and daemon redux screws over word bearers as myself :?
Doesnt have to be so radical in theory and it doesnt make a damn worth of sense fluff wise either
Of course again this IS GW :(

·
Registered
630 Posts
I think It's plain obvious IW's needed a nerf, although It will be Interesting to see how the rest of the codex turns out. Looking at the recent codex updates they do seem to be concentrating on balancing out all of the races to a level(ish) playing field trying to knock out the copy/paste lists and making players really work hard to make a competetive army encouraging the combined arms approach rather than the typical one trick pony lists.
Apparently the BA's are also having a chapter aproved type update via WD Canada Issues 13+14, should be Interesting to see what that throws up.....

·
Registered
804 Posts
I do like the idea of like limiting the legions yeah, but killing the undevided legions by making them all under a banner doesnt seem to make sense to me... just me though, the daemons, ive no idea what they mean by greater and lesser only, the fast attact section of daemons and the troops are lesser, and greater are the Hq's, they getting rid of possesed and oblits and raptors the daemon kin?, hell if thats it then might as well say they didnt have a heresey at all then :(

·
Registered
359 Posts
While I am a massive fan of having lots of options, I do think the Tau, Tyranid and Eldar codicies are better balanced than some of their previous incarnations. While this hurts from a fluff perspective, it may make game balance more than a pipedream. I was a bit miffed when I saw that Craftworlds had gone by the wayside, but then considering what people were doing with them, it was better for the game as a whole. Having all the options in the world mean nothing if one option is so powerful that everyone gravitates towards it and ignores the rest. I've actually seen more variations on eldar lists since the new codex came out than I did when you had a lot more choices. Now it's a question of "What do I want in my eldar army" instead of "Do I want to play Alaitoc or Ulthwe?"

·
Registered
24 Posts
unfortuantly its the way of the codex now... either very specific (da) or very general (eldar). But hey chaos with no abusable special rules ..al la IW , can only be a good thing. And this is from an AL player.

·
Banned
801 Posts
DaemonsRus, you may actually want to hear more than vagarisms before you get cranky and decide that this newest update invalidates both the playability and lore of Chaos.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yeah uber was thinking about that and think ill be quiet on teh subject for a little until more is released
Sorry for teh crankiness :?

·