Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Look, the beauty of this game/ setting is that you can come up with everything in your fluff. I like your idea, altough i would refuse to make that "canon" in my group :)
CLearly people on here on the board are not going to be convinced that chaos necrons are going to be possible/exists, but YOU can have your fluff and may i be damned (i hope so) if i will oppose you in this. I have my own army fluff, and in the usual setting, even my more "canon" fluff, would be nill.
SO do what you want, 'cause you are entitled to do it!...just don't expect everybody else to agree on you view :good:
GLORY TO CHAOS!!
For chaos
completely agree thats one of the best features of this hobby use your imagination. on a personal note i like the idea of it (apart from the glory to chaos bit :biggrin:).

·
Registered
158 Posts
If I remember correctly, the necron codex and many novels state that higher ranking necrons, lords, overlords etc., retain their consciousness and personality, even though they are in metal bodies. It seems as if they can learn and adapt. So, correct me if i'm wrong, the fact that they have personalities and control over their actions means that they can be corrupted. If Tzeentch offers them limitless powers and even flesh (daemonic or not) what is stopping them from agreeing. I am pretty sure that they aren't all unthinking husks. May be a stupid idea, but if they can think, they can be corrupted.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
exactly what I thought, thinking leads to the ability for corruption, and lots of necron lords/ overlords/ Crypteks are balancing on the line between lucid and insane, and would enjoy the extra power that Tzeentch would possibly grant them, such as the ability to channel and manifest the warp, crush their enemies under armies of flesh and metal, and having a populace that both thinks and talks, in a democracy, while Tzeentch gets a handful of Immortal followers to have for eternity, one up one the other gods.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like the idea somehow, maybe tzeentch in his eternal dickery... Erm... Trickery, would give them bodies of flesh and blood, but force them to wage war for him for all eternity, and if they don't for a longer time, their bodies start decomposing.
A bit like in the first Hellraiser movie, where the guy has to eat bodies in order that he gets his body back.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Not flesh, feeling and true emotion, rather than stupidly sophisticated circuitry., a long with a karge ampunt of warpstuff in place of a soul for eachwarrior with a sentient mind ( which in the aftermath of this dynasties awakining, is an awful lot )

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Fluff Time

Payak awoke to crumbling ceilings and the strange feeling of not needing to breathe. The tomb around her and her kin was falling apart at the seems, and Payak was silently cursing herself for deciding on taking that offer from the ctan for both her larger body and immortality.what was lrft of her fellows wastrying to find a wat out, and suceeding, showing a large group intellect, even the Warriors. Payak help her subjects, tried to melt the the rock and metal falling around them. after weeks, the ragtag force made it to the surface, to find a barren world, a stark contrast to the lush Jungles that had covered them before the great sleep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You would have to have them be from a tomb world that never woke up and was swallowed by a warp storm, they would also cease to be necrons in any-sense anyways. tomzpot mobdro
How would they cease to be necrons? Necrons are shown to have emotions and the ability to choose their actions, just look at The Infinite and the Divine

21 - 28 of 28 Posts