Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe that some necrons could be chaos influenced or be allied with them. I have some ideas of how this could happen but I also want to hear your ideas. So lay on me fellow necrontyr

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes I reckon so too, you only have to look back to the horus heresy fluff and see how horus was changed, chaos has a way if deceiving you, especially if all you want is to be flesh and blood again , this is sounding better and better more I think about it ,shame my necron army is on ebay lol

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Well, given that necrons are opposite to the Warp, i see it pretty hard. WHat are your ideas about it?

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Necrons have no souls, cannot hear the whispers of Chaos and despise the warp and all it spawns, including life, psykers and daemons alike.

I think you'll be pretty hard pressed to make this work, but don't let me stop you if you think you've found a way. I'm curious now too. :)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I'm fairly certain the Flayed Ones was a curse enacted by some C'tan as a last ditch "Fuck you". However, is there a possibility for Dark Mechanicum to hijack the mechanical consciousness and use them. So they aren't truly corrupted but they are being used by Chaos? I don't know. In any case, it seems like an unlikely combo.

But then again I'm the guy with a homebrew section of the Emperor's Children who ally with Harlequins, so I say go for it!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually have many theories for this though 2 most popular are that an overlord sees his tomb world falling to the throws of time, and sees the chaos gods as what the c'tan could have been, and seeks their help. The other is my favourite, a tzeentchian sorcerer is command by Tzeentch to find a certain tomb world and convert by corrupting the entire tomb world circuitry . Just as plans
And chaos can easily corrupt any thing that has a soul to the warp, ie any form of extreme emotion:chuffed:

·
Registered
326 Posts
I highly doubt this in all possibilities. its just counter to what the Necron's are. Its Anathema.

They are unable to sense the warp, and are souless. Could they be corrupted by chaos? Unwillingly possibly, like how vehicles and automatons can be possesed, but there would never be a willing aspect to it. Its far out of character.

You would have to have them be from a tomb world that never woke up and was swallowed by a warp storm, they would also cease to be necrons in any-sense anyways.

But my suggestion would be to go with what you feel best, this is just my view on it and what fits with fluff that is established.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
And chaos can easily corrupt any thing that has a soul to the warp, ie any form of extreme emotion
Actually it's pretty well established in lore that a genetic trait is required for any connection to the warp. It's why most races do have a link to the warp, because nearly every race in 40k owes its existence to being created by the Old Ones. There are some exceptions like tyranids and tau, but these tend to interact with the warp completely different to normal anyway.

The necrontyr were one of few races either without such a link, or unable to make use of it. In any case, as nonliving necrons any possible link they may have had is long gone. Simply having emotions (or at least the ability to mimic them) is not enough. It's why there are no chaos necrons in any official fluff.

As well as this, untold millennia of war with the Old Ones and their psychic spawn has imbued all necrons with a deep irrevocable hatred of life and the warp it draws from. They view themselves as the ultimate beings in the universe and why wouldn't they? They toppled the most powerful aliens in the universe and enslaved their own gods. Trying to serve different gods would be a step backwards in their eyes.

So, even with your two explanations I just don't see it fitting in really.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
64 Posts
Perhaps 'Chaos Necrons' is a bit too far of a stretch. However, could it be possible for Chaos to indirectly influence the Necrons. Perhaps a Tomb World is infected with Scrapcode which keeps the Necron's souls in their body, but much like possession, they have no control over them. The Scrapcode could be some kind of a demon or coven of demons who then use the Necrons as puppets.

The other Necrons hate and despise this and basically cut their brethren off for being weak and also to prevent Chaos corruption of their noosphere.

Just an idea.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Perhaps 'Chaos Necrons' is a bit too far of a stretch. However, could it be possible for Chaos to indirectly influence the Necrons. Perhaps a Tomb World is infected with Scrapcode which keeps the Necron's souls in their body, but much like possession, they have no control over them. The Scrapcode could be some kind of a demon or coven of demons who then use the Necrons as puppets.

The other Necrons hate and despise this and basically cut their brethren off for being weak and also to prevent Chaos corruption of their noosphere.

Just an idea.
I like the sound of this. Also, on the current state of fluff, necrons are just another rece, simply trapped within a metal shell. not unlike the man of iron of old. and since men of iron could be possessed, if some heretk could develop a daemonvirus to "possess" necrons... but swayed by chaos in the very human meaning of the term...then no. They can't

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Nope. Most of the posts in favour here have missing knowledge of the lore.

Just an idea.
The necrons have no souls. Any scrapcode that affected them would either be corrected by the Tomb world's backups, or the necrons that were infected would simply be destroyed to prevent spread. This is presuming they even have such vulnerabilities to begin with.

I like the sound of this. Also, on the current state of fluff, necrons are just another rece, simply trapped within a metal shell. not unlike the man of iron of old. and since men of iron could be possessed, if some heretk could develop a daemonvirus to "possess" necrons... but swayed by chaos in the very human meaning of the term...then no. They can't
I just think that the race who destroyed the Old Ones would be proof against warp corruption by now. The Old Ones were masters of the psychic realm in their day. Their servants were increasingly powerful psyker races like the eldar and the orks.

They survived the Old Ones, the Enslavers, the Eldar and Orks, and now they are drastically reduced in number yet still reducing entire other civilizations to ash. With technology like gloom prisms and null field matrices, I'm sure they have means to prevent chaos corruption on their software as well.

The only things we know that are affecting the necrons' minds in any way are the Destroyer Curse, which is a result of nihilist tendencies coming to dominate their mentality, and the Flayer Virus which is the last spiteful manifestation of a destroyed c'tan.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I just think that the race who destroyed the Old Ones would be proof against warp corruption by now. The Old Ones were masters of the psychic realm in their day. Their servants were increasingly powerful psyker races like the eldar and the orks.

They survived the Old Ones, the Enslavers, the Eldar and Orks, and now they are drastically reduced in number yet still reducing entire other civilizations to ash. With technology like gloom prisms and null field matrices, I'm sure they have means to prevent chaos corruption on their software as well.

The only things we know that are affecting the necrons' minds in any way are the Destroyer Curse, which is a result of nihilist tendencies coming to dominate their mentality, and the Flayer Virus which is the last spiteful manifestation of a destroyed c'tan.
point to you, i guess :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
point to you, i guess :)
wrong, this is from the codex itself
The Daemon Prince Shukketh Voidmaw infects the tomb world of Vorketh with the taint of Chaos. Vorketh’s regent awakens to find his crypts transformed.​

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
wrong, this is from the codex itself
The Daemon Prince Shukketh Voidmaw infects the tomb world of Vorketh with the taint of Chaos. Vorketh’s regent awakens to find his crypts transformed.​
Transformed how? This passage refers to the crypts themselves, note that the regent's mind is seemingly not affected. What leads you to believe at all that Chaos has successfully tainted any necrons in this instance?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Elementary my dear Watson :laugh:
Sorry couldn't help my self,
Any who this mean that if tomb world can be corrupted, then so can the cuirctry, therefore so can the minds of the Necrons, thus chaos necrons

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Elementary my dear Watson :laugh:
Sorry couldn't help my self,
Any who this mean that if tomb world can be corrupted, then so can the cuirctry, therefore so can the minds of the Necrons, thus chaos necrons
Look, the beauty of this game/ setting is that you can come up with everything in your fluff. I like your idea, altough i would refuse to make that "canon" in my group :)
CLearly people on here on the board are not going to be convinced that chaos necrons are going to be possible/exists, but YOU can have your fluff and may i be damned (i hope so) if i will oppose you in this. I have my own army fluff, and in the usual setting, even my more "canon" fluff, would be nill.
SO do what you want, 'cause you are entitled to do it!...just don't expect everybody else to agree on you view :good:
GLORY TO CHAOS!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For chaos

1 - 20 of 26 Posts