Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropping the leaked "Start collecting" formation rules for CSM and Tempestus scions...
Just commenting on the Chaos Marines formation: really GW? REALLY? Three of the most bland units in the codex, no real way to make them work togheter and an stupid "special rule"? Avatar of spite? More like "Avatar of Spit"
That is certainly a good way to start collecting chaos marines. :crying:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now that i've somewhat calmed down... i can see that Scion formation used in some nasty ways with any Imperial army. Give the guys meltaguns and let the enemy kill them for extra suicide squads. Meanwhile a taurox can still pump out shots while the commissar cowers inside its hull. A couple of these formations comes in nice even at 1850 pts.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
That's funny. The scion formation incentivizes the enemy to not quite finish off the unit.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's funny. The scion formation incentivizes the enemy to not quite finish off the unit.
5 bodies at T3 and 4+ armour are hard NOT to finish off :grin2:
besides, if you overlook them, 2 meltaguns and AP3 weapons are going to make you reconsider that decision!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
These were both posted in the thread already started on the topic, but whatevs.

As for the Scions doing a repeated melta deep strike that could be fun. If at first you don't succeed right? Damn shame it makes you cook up a Command Squad for no other reason than you have to for the Formation. Two HQs in a box is kinda dumb. I still want the box because: savings and cool models but I rules will never be the reason I build a model again.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These were both posted in the thread already started on the topic, but whatevs.
well, sorry guys! i missed that thread... might aswell lock this up, then.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
*shrug* that's an admin's job, conversation is our job.

How did they even think that was a good CSM rule given VotLW? At this rate BA will get their stat-line update with a start collecting BA Scouts and Dreadnoughts box :laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
::is too lazy to merge/ lock the threads::

Honestly both of them are meh for me, the csm one is a joke and the scion one will just mean a bunch of 1 man units floating around for most of the game or the commissar being primary target.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
The Scion box offers essentially a free Taurox, I'm way more interested in box-deal savings over more friggin' Formations to bring out to ever battle.

Not sure of the pricing breakdown for the CSM box.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.