Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am trying to build a fun list with some ability to compete. I enjoy a shooting line but also wanted to be able to clear an objective with combat.

I mainly play against a Dark Angel list which is packed with terminators, bikes and plasma.

HQ
Chaos lord - MoN, BoS, fisticlaws 155

Chaos lord - MoS, power axe

Helcult
Hellbrute with linked las cannon 125
11 Cultists - shotgun 56
11 cultists - 1 autogun 55

Troops
10 noise marines - 2 blastmasters, 7 sonic blasters and doom siren - 276 * 2 units

6 plague marines with 2 meltaguns, rhino with dirgecaster - 204
7 plague marines with 2 plasma guns, rhino with dirgecaster - 238

Heavy support

Havocs with 4 autocannons - 115
2 obliterators - 140 * 2 units

Imperial bastion with quad gun - 125

So basic idea around use if this is the slaanesh lord manning the quadgun accompanied by havocs on the bastion places relatively mid field. I then use the helcult to claim rear objectives and take random shots with las cannon. The noise marines take midfield and are armed to take on all roles albeit mainly shooting. The plague marines with Nurgle lord are the only close combat unit to compete for the already claimed objectives. The oblits then play a support role and take out enemy armor.

Would really appreciate your thoughts on how balances this list will be, as I want to begin painting it and play other opponents. Other units I have which could be used are dark vengeance units * 2, so more cultists, Hellbrute, chosen. I also have abbaddon, land raider, 3 bikes, possessed, chaos marines now being proxies for above noise and plague marines.

Thank you in advance

Cheers,
G

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Hey,

This is what I would suggest.

Hi All,

HQ
Chaos lord - MoN, BoS, fisticlaws 155

Not sure on the Aconim their BOS?

Chaos lord - MoS, power axe

I would worry about using a Power Axe on a MOS lord, kills the increase initlative, look to perhaps fistclaws again, I also would not use him in the bastion the its twin-linked so use the Champ from the havocs and use the Lord as another CC monster

Helcult
Hellbrute with linked las cannon 125
11 Cultists - shotgun 56
11 cultists - 1 autogun 55

Nice group, I would drop the shotgun and the autogun and find the points for flamers

Troops
10 noise marines - 2 blastmasters, 7 sonic blasters and doom siren - 276 * 2 units

6 plague marines with 2 meltaguns, rhino with dirgecaster - 204
7 plague marines with 2 plasma guns, rhino with dirgecaster - 238

Troops look ok, Iam not sure about the Sonic Blasters they are not that great. May as well just keep the bolters for the cost. I woudl also look at adding havoc launchers to the Rhinos

Heavy support

Havocs with 4 autocannons - 115
2 obliterators - 140 * 2 units

Good HS choices, I would look to adding MOT or MON to the Oblits.

Imperial bastion with quad gun - 125

Again a fun unit, add some void shides for more stayingpower
Looks like a fun list, quite competitive as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts