Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they have BOTH Bolters and CCW's or EITHER Bolter's or CCW's?

In the codex, it lists their weapons and power armour, Frag and Krak Grenades, Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, AND a Bolter, but does the list of weapons override the models ability to carry it all?!!

I could quite easily imagine and chainsword sheath, a Bolt Pistol holster and/or a sling for the Bolter.

I'd love to have this rule be legal, but it may seem unfair that Independant Characters and the like aren't hardcore enough to carry more than 3 "weapons" (not like grenades or other weapons that don't shoot or do anything inthe assault phase) yet the inferior models are.

Cheers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
yes it is true they do get all of those weapons they are indeed that bad ass so enjoy the new load out of equipment you got.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
This question was asked just the other day in This Thread, and it's also been added to The Rules FAQ, so it pays to have a look around before you ask.

But since you asked, Yes you get ALL THREE weapons.

In fact, there is not, nor has there ever been a rule that says you can only have two weapons.

There is a limitation on how many weapons characters from certain armies can *buy* from their armoury lists, but this is neither universal, nor does it have any impact on how many weapons that character may, in fact, *carry*.

A Librarian may only purchase two weapons from the SM Armoury list, but that doesn't mean he has to give up his Force Weapon, for example. (Take a look at the new Chaplain models, there's one with a fist, a crozius and a pistol)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about that. or some reason I didn't see it. Maybe I was a bit frantic...

Thanks anyway. Time to pwn some marines!!!

Cheers
psychomidget99

·
Registered
0 Posts
This has been FAQ'd

The faq entry deals with the three weapons deal as the other issue has been clairified already.

·
Registered
221 Posts
There is a limitation on how many weapons characters from certain armies can *buy* from their armoury lists, but this is neither universal, nor does it have any impact on how many weapons that character may, in fact, *carry*.
I'd just clarify that there are armies in which characters are limited to only carrying 2 weapons. I know that's not what you said, but some people might interpret it that way.

For example, the Space Marine armory says you may 'select two weapons [from the armory]', so yeah, Space Marine characters may carry more than two weapons. The Imperial Guard armory however has 'characters may have two weapons, of which only one may be two handed'. It doesn't say 'may have two weapons from the armory', 'may buy two weapons', etc. Which leaves Imperial Guard officers with the nerve-wracking decision of which to give up in favor of that shiny powerfist - their laspistol or ccw. :O

But the same wording also applies to Witch and Daemonhunter armies (among possibly others - I don't know, those are the only codices I have) so GK Grandmasters will have to give up their stormbolter or nemesis force weapon in favor of an armory weapon, for example.

·
Registered
309 Posts
With the new codices, characters now have specific choices they can take, thus eliminating the rule about what they can carry.
For example, a Chaos Lord can take a Daemon Weapon and a Combi-Weapon, both taking up 2 hands, same with an Ork Warboss being able to take a Big Choppa and a Kombi-Shoota, while an IG Priest cannot take a Storm Bolter and an Eviscerator. He could take a storm bolter and a power weapon, or an eviscerator and a bolt pistol, but that's because he's actually been specifically limited to how much he can take.
When the new IG codex comes out, he'll most likely be able to carry as much as these guys, provided they get the weapon options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts