Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This report is very damned strange to say the least :grin: Some guy came up to me and asked to play my Chaos, so I asked the points thing..... "Everything you have" he says...... So I did...... Not writing up the list though, my time is short just now :ireful2:

And I learned not to say yes to that kind of thing, all in all, he had 6000 points of Black Templars against my 2500 Chaos army....... :threaten:

(Story thing, From the eyes of Chaos lord Zathos)

It had to be the entire Black Templars Crusade.... The force before them was immense, almost suicidal to stand against, unless you have the powers of Chaos on your side. Land Raiders, Crusaders, Predators, Dreadnoughts, Assault Marines, and hundreds of Black Templar Tactical Marines. All marching straight towards the Chaos Line.

"My Lord, squad Ryalon reports that they are awaiting permission to open fire on the enemies Armoured Colmumns, as are all Havoc Squads" said Slaughter Champion Erekana.

"So it begins once more, open fire on all Armoured units, from Dreadnoughts to Land Raider Crusaders" said Zathos, watching as the Terminator Armoured Champion relayed the message.

From numerous places lascannon fire and krak missiles soared against the Armoured units, many of which disappeared in plumes of fire and smoke. Dreadnoughts fell, Predators stopped, all across the Black Templar Line, veicles disappeared.

"Raptors, wait until I give my order, then engage the Black Templar Assault Marines" said Zathos, seeing almost thirty figures rise into the sky.

"As you wish my Lord" came the voice of Raptor Champion Hartaddon.

The Chaos Marines pulled back as planned, the Havoc behind the Defilers and Dreadnoughts opening up with Autocannons to slow the Black Templars with ruthless efficientcy (sp). The Thousand Sons who were joined with the Midnight Fangs stood still, their weapons tearing through Marine Power Armour as though it was paper.

"Raptors, move in and destroy the Assault Marines, Berserkers, wait until the enemy Tacital Squads have past the Barrage Zone!" shouted Zathos into the vox link.

The Raptors took to the air, meeting the Black Templars head on, a few falling from the skies along with their deluded Emperor Loving brethren.

"Slaughterers! We march into the enemy now!" roared Zathos, his Lighting Claws crackling as his Terminator Armoured form strode down to where the Black Templars were massing.

Dreadnoughts Followed, Defilers staying in place to keep the Barrage going. At the head of the Black Templars, the Emperor's Champion charged towards the closing forms of the Slaughterers cult.

(More or less a duel between the Emperor's Champion and my Chaos Lord)

The Black Sword swung past Zathos' left shoulder, easily deflected by the Lighting Claws. Each swing was blocked and deflected, and tiny strikes cut through the Champion's armour, injuring him slightly as he took wound after wound. But the sport had left the Emperor's Champion, he wasn't even a challenge now. Grasping the Black Sword's blade, Zathos cleaved his Lighting Claw through the Champion's arm, cutting the forearm, and Sword, away from him. Dropping the ancient relic to the ground as he thrusted both Lighting Claws into the Champion's gut, lifting him into the air, and throwing him back towards his deluded brothers.

"No challenge is here, kill them all! CHARGE!" he roared in triumph.

The Terminators strode into combat, their weapons blazing, Black Templars falling like madness. Zathos striking down six Black Templars, and his Terminator Champions ripping another eight apart. The Black Templars turned to flee, or regroup, but they never got the chance, with twenty Possessed marines leaping upon them.

When the smoke cleared, only three Dreadnoughts of the Black Templars remained, and only one Defiler stood defiantly before them.

Background wise and points wise, I won, But I was scared crapless when they began filling the table up :angry: Still, I had terrain on my side..... his destroyed Preds blocked the only two avenues he coiuld take :D

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
It's good that you accepted the game, I suppose, and lopsided matches make for pretty good stories.

Still, someone challenging knowing that they'd have an overwhelming advantage reeks of insecure jerk to me. The locals and I usually set up all the details in advance when we challenge one another. Everyone should start on a level field.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was level, the Dice Gods loved me and hated him...... he got seven 1s with the majority of his plasma weapons, which hurt cos he couldn't save his armour saves :laugh: In one turn he lost 16 Marines to non power weapons :so_happy:

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
so you beat an army which was double yours nice one i bow to you. that guy must have been pretty poor. your lord should become a daemon prince now for fluff reasons, after killing the emporers champion his god must have noticed and will reward him fittingly.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guy continued to fail his armour saves against his overheats........ Funny as the majority of his Special weapons were Plasma..... at most I lost eight Marines to them :laugh:

And I'm working on a Daemon prince model just now....... big ass Balrog Wings on it, and I think I'll take a wraithsword and chaosify it a bit

·
Registered
112 Posts
Damn good report. I like how you managed to give us a good idea what the battle looked like without ever having to leave the fluff. Good job beating an army twice the size of yours, even with the dice on your side you must've had some good tactics.

And a quick shout out to anyone who'd play a 6000pt army against someone without them knowing your army was that big: :fuck:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I just let my havocs batter them around the face and take on the veicles........ three Lands Raiders, two Land Raider Crusaders and a shed load of Dreads, and Preds......... I doubt even an entire Crusade of Black Templars have that many >.<

And it was thanks to the GW Manager, he was pissed when he saw it..... and set terrain up so I was in a fortress of cover and he had two ways for his armour to come in :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, he offered to add a Titan, but as my army has a Background Stroy, I said no, I'd rather fight the Templars properly than with something I'm not used to....... Besides, I didn't want to risk breaking the big assed bugger :p

·
Registered
267 Posts
First off....Nice job beating him...

Secondly....I would have just dropped a nuclear bomb on his army...said Good Game and walked away....Always a nasty business facing the BT

Good report tho!

Alias

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My Defiler could at least move and shoot, the Dreads were Immobilised (not cos of me, difficult terrain :D ) I may have lost the Battle Cannon, but the Heavy Flamer was still there, and I took the Power Fists with Twin Linked bolters off :D So they only had flamers on the weapon destroyed rolls :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts