Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, which deamon weapon do i take?

He will be in a 1500 and/or 2000 pt list, most likely attached to a squad of zerkers.

Pros/Cons i've thought of:

Bloodfeeder
Pros: +2d6 attacks, nuff said
Cons: double the chance to roll a 1

Plaguebringer
Pros: Wound on 4+, reroll failed wounds if opponent has T of 4 or lower
Cons: None, the pros just aren't that great. Maybe im missing the awesome here.

Deathscreamer
Pros: It can shoot d6Assault with pen 3, also MoT ups Invul to 4+
Cons: Shots only have Str 4, but thats about it

Blissgiver
Pros: +1 I, and insta-kills on wounds
Cons: useless against anything with Eternal Warrior, so all Space Marines above Scout rank :laugh:

So guys, make an argument for which is best/most efficient. My list is fairly balanced, so fluff isn't a factor, just pure combat effectiveness.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
If you must take a Daemon weapon, take either the Deathscreamer or the plaguebringer.

DS is very vertasile, giving you a potentially deadly shooting phase. it may only be str4, but it can shoot 6 marines dead. The improoved inv save will come in hand up close, where your potential 9 attacks can help swing a combat.

PB is great against tought models. It's added insurance against MCs. The lords I of 5 will trump the likes of Wraithlords and carnifexs. And 4 wounding hits from a potential 9 attacks isn't unlikely. Although, never go in alone. You dont want to be one-hit killed.

The other 2 aren't any use. BF is to random and can kill you pretty quick. And the BG, as you said, with SM as the common army out there, pretty much everything that you would want to insta-kill is protected by it. Other than Dante...for some fucking stupid reason, GW forgot to give the oldest space marine alive EW.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
My suggestions would be the Bliss Giver or the Plague Bringer.

Bissgiver is an excellent way to take out enemy characters, especially as the extra I with the MoS makes you faster than most other characters out there, so you can instakill an opponent without taking hits back. Even against Tyrannid MCs, you still have a good chance of getting a lucky wound in, with the large number of attacks you get - an easy way to one-shot a tervigon or mawloc.

Meanwhile, the Plague Bringer's poison attacks means you get rerolls to wound against most smaller targets, and a much better chance to wound larger ones. Against MEQs, you'll end up with about the same average number of kills as with the Blood Feeder, with far less chance of having it go crazy. If you factor in the "going crazy" part, the Plague Bringer actually does more kills on average (2.9 MEQ kills vs 2.8 for the Blood Feeder lord), and you get an extra toughness at the same time. The feeder does much better against T3 opponents however.

If you're thinking about the Death Screamer, I would suggest just taking a sorcerer with warptime and Doombolt instead - just as fluffy, more hits and wounds. The only downside is when your opponent has a Hood.

As I said, the Plague Bringer is usually a better/safer option than taking a Blood Feeder, though If you happen to have lucky rolls for the feeder, you'll rip through far more lesser opponents, however you'll have to just grin and bear it when the 1's come up.

I hope that helps somewhat :)

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
I'd go the blissgiver. The number of times I've wanted to instant kill something with toughness 6 and instead had to plug my way through it taking wound after wound. Its irritating as hell

Plus the +1 initiative is just great as it means you'll probably strike first and thus have a greater chance of ensuring the nasty nasties dont rip your beserkers in half

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I would go for the tzeentchian one. The improved invul is brilliant against all enemies and apart from marines I would say Eldar are the next used race (Around the UK Midlands anyways) and even with the blissgivers +1 initiative most eldar combat heroes would strike before you and if unfortunate enough to face a phoenix lord then unfortunately the lord will die.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys.

I've decided to go with the Deathscreamer for now. I reread the codex entry, and realized that in addition to the shooty i still get the +d6 attacks in CC. Based on my army i think this will be the best fit.

·
Registered
496 Posts
As the title says, which deamon weapon do i take?

He will be in a 1500 and/or 2000 pt list, most likely attached to a squad of zerkers.

Pros/Cons i've thought of:

Bloodfeeder
Pros: +2d6 attacks, nuff said
Cons: double the chance to roll a 1
Actualy its 2D6+1 (+1 for MoK) personaly its my fav :D
Plaguebringer
Pros: Wound on 4+, reroll failed wounds if opponent has T of 4 or lower
Cons: None, the pros just aren't that great. Maybe im missing the awesome here.
This is for if your lord is going to be facing things with above T4, it also great inproves his survivablity with +1T and FNP
Deathscreamer
Pros: It can shoot d6Assault with pen 3, also MoT ups Invul to 4+
Cons: Shots only have Str 4, but thats about it
MY lead fav of the Deamon weapons... maby in a Shooty army? but definantly not with KB's
Blissgiver
Pros: +1 I, and insta-kills on wounds
Cons: useless against anything with Eternal Warrior, so all Space Marines above Scout rank :laugh:
Great weapon for Char hunting and MC killing similar to the Plaguebringer but makes your faster in combat instead of more tank
So guys, make an argument for which is best/most efficient. My list is fairly balanced, so fluff isn't a factor, just pure combat effectiveness.
it actualy depends on the role you want for it

the Blood feeder is for Horde control* (dominance i mean*)
Plague bringer is for Chaos lords who wanna be able to take hits and give them back mainly for MC's and vsing hordes that wount be able to do much against T5
Death Screamer is my least fav, and definantly not somthing you want in with Berserkers, if you were running TS's you could since ti would give you more of that epic AP dakka
Blissgiver is what you give your Char hunting lords also works well against Multi-wound troops (like tyranid warriors)

·
Registered
941 Posts
I say khorne, +2 d6 attacks is pretty hard to go wrong with!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bloodfeeder seems awesome, but i just cant get past the fact that it gives me double the chance to roll a 1, in which case the lord stands there like an idiot getting his face gnawed off by daemons, and then gets his face gnawed off by the enemies he forgot to fight.

It seems that for a Khorne Lord, dual LCs would be a better bet. Thats 5 attacks with re-rolls to wound, and no chance for suicide-by-daemon.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Well, the obvious one is Bloodfeeder.. Because it's khorne ... :)

But in terms of useful-ness, defo the Blissgiver. Insta-kill some really annoying leaders :so_happy:

Thats just about all slaanesh has to offer the word. Besides maybe a Lash.

EDIT: I hate deathscreamer. Because I hate Tzeentch, Because i hate shooty, Because i love Khorne.

·
Registered
941 Posts
there's the same chance of 2 one as 2 sixes, so I think it's worth the risk!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Statistically the Nurgle weapon is the best all round DW. It does great damage against nearly all enemies and has a low chance of self harm, plus the +1T from MoN is very useful in assault.

All the other weapons are situational at best and suicide at worst. I'm looking at you Deathscreamer & Bloodfeeder!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I once had a nurgle lord with just MoN and a Plaguebringer take down the Nightbringer... in one round of CC:grin:. That's 150pts that KO'd 360pts.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts