Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've recently entered my Converted Mounted Chaos Lord into the monthly painting competition and the question of base size came up. I've tried searching online to confirm what size it's supposed to be placed on for play, because I just finished it and I've heard that it may have to be mounted onto a 50mm round instead of the 25mm x 70mm base I stole from the DA bikers in the DV set. That would blow Nurgle chunks, so if someone could clear this up for me I'd appreciate it, thank you!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Steeds of Slaanesh are indeed on cavalry bases--look at Chaos Daemons Seekers of Slaanesh. This is ripped straight from the GW site:

That said, unless you're clearly modeling for advantage, base size... really shouldn't matter if you use one or the other--whatever the mini needs, really. But no, nobody should penalize you or deem the unit "illegal" because you used the nearest accurate base size for a similar unit to kitbash a CSM mini that GW doesn't actually make.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
mossy saidit all. i feel that the proper sized base would be cavalry

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, thanks guys, that's what I figured, but some posts I stumbled upon made me question myself.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
You might get requests to change it because of how "bulky" the model looks in comparison to a seeker of Slaanesh.

So that might explain your issue in the OP.

----

In general though, if you customized it to be a "____" unit, use whatever size base that model comes on; which is what you have done!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe I'll make another base so that it's transferable depending on the opponent/game seeing.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I'd have no issues with that, so personally I wouldn't even bother - however my FLGS and group are pretty lax on that sort of stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts