1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
of course. chaos needed it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
No Warden, Crusader and Gallant for Chaos. I am a big Chaos player and they don't have those ones (yet).
Be happy that Chaos ones get 3 bonuses on their Imperial counterparts ATM.
Firstly is the D Sword has +1 vs MC and GC. This is a BIG bonus and costs you NOTHING!
Second is that you can buy a DIRGECASTER! the size of the model / base is rather big and he is hard to kill, and at 5pts it is a steal.
Third is that you can Daemonise it. This not only gives it a great rule for Khorne (shit for all the others :p) but also giving you a 5++ save all the time that could be modified by things like Cursed Earth, Grimoire or 1st War of Armageddon. Of course the Ion Shield gives you a 4++ on 1 arc vs Shooting, but a 5++ is also good for melee. It costs you 50pts more, but it is worth it.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Why on earth wouldn't you allow it...

I've seen some amazing chaos knight conversions already. People who went through that effort should get to use it without some sourpuss at the end of the table saying no to it...

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I've seen some amazing chaos knight conversions already. People who went through that effort should get to use it without some sourpuss at the end of the table saying no to it...
Yeah, and my Anphelion Project experiment of attaching MIU links to Tyranid organisms should mean I can use Flyrants in my Space Marine army!

Just because you have a cool conversion doesn't miraculously give you that unit. Counts-as it by all means, and I'll still say you have an awesome model, but you can't use stuff your army doesn't have just because you have the models.

If the Chaos Knight rules had come out before the new Knights Codex, then maybe since it could be seen as simply old rules being surpassed, but since the new Knights have been out for a couple of months - if FW intended Chaos to get them, they'd have done so.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
You may have noticed: everything can take anything these days... As long as you pay the tax for it (as in: 1HQ and 1 troop) and are fine with keeping them apart on the battlefield.

So if a marine players wants to ally with some tyranids in the way you described and actually modelled his stuff to be like that, I'd have a game against him. If he started claiming they were suddenly battle bro's... Then it'd be a different story.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Not everyone plays unbound or some people refuse to play against it (many tourneys don't allow it). I am fine with you having a warden and all that lot if you want, but if you do it will be an ally from 'come the apoc' and due to that will not be able to have a chaos sorc cast invis on it.
TBH as said above Chaos Knights are insanely good as it is. If you can get a nice daemon to cast grimoire on him he xan get a +2 to his daemon save. Cursed Earth by any malefic caster can give +1 to daemon save. 1st War can give a Khorne marked one +1 as well down to a max of 2+ daemon save. Putting the 1st war on a spartan or typhon is a solid stat for keeping that save in place or more expensive you could have a felblade or less expensive a land raider what is still a solid lump.

·
Registered
773 Posts
If the Chaos Knight rules had come out before the new Knights Codex, then maybe since it could be seen as simply old rules being surpassed, but since the new Knights have been out for a couple of months - if FW intended Chaos to get them, they'd have done so.
Here we disagree. FW seem to be living in the past when it comes to there stuff. Normally a good 9 months or so. This is shown with things like IA13 having a lot of the old wordings like saying that the leader has be be your warlord, what does mean you cant ally to them or have more than 1 FOC. Also until they released Seige of Vraks 2nd edition those forces didnt get their own FOC what had been going on in every codex since 7th edition.
The sad thing is that FW used to be great at putting out FAQ to fix issues but as of late they seem to not do that. I have sent a few mails to them regarding issues and the staff do reply quickly with what is seen as the answer. But it seems to then disappear and not go in to an FAQ.
This includes things like when I asked about things like how blood oath interacts with codex daemonkin. The result given was that all the formations in the blood oath book can count as auxiliary choices for the Blood Host, though the unusual one was they also said that The Bloodied Horde could replace the Slaughtercult main part with added auxiliary if you wished.
The other things were that you could take the brass scorpion as one of your daemon engines, and various other things so long as they can be marked with Khorne or Daemon of Khorne are also usable such as Blood Slaughterers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts