Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rules from the current FW Games Day (or whatever is happening today) has surfaced.

LoW choice for Demons or Chaos Space Marines. Can be taken in KDaemonkin if the Demon Knight of Khorne upgrade is bought.

Chaos Knight Paladin - 375
Chaos Knight Errant - 370

Same stats to my knowledge across the board. No option for Gauntlet or shoulder Melta gun.

Ion shield looks the same.

Foereaper Chainsword gets +1 on the Destroyer Attack Table vs Monstrous and Gargantuan Critters.

Option for Dirgecaster for 5 points.

Demon Knight of Khorne - reroll dice for how many stops, gains +d3 attacks on the charge, hatred (Slaneesh) 50
DK of Nurgle - IWND, Hatred (Tzeentch) 75
DK of Tzeentch - reroll 1s, Stubbers get soulblaze. Hatred (Nurgle) 65
DK of Slaneesh - Force a leadership at -2 against anything in combat with it at the Fight subphase. Failure means they fight at I1. Hatred (Khorne). 50

All of the Demon Knight upgrades also give it the Demon Rule (Inv save on facings without an Ion Shield?) and count as demons of the appropriate god... though strangely, that's missing for Tzeentch.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

Images of the rules. Originally posted by @venomlust

·
Registered
773 Posts
Looks shiney... though don't like that nasty sticker at the bottom that says experimental rules on both of them... I thought they had done away with that.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Well it's better than "we don't have any plans for 40k rules" which is what they said when they appeared at warhammer world opening.
Think I will just get the normal knight from gw and then chaosify. But the kyton demon engine seems reasonable for £90. Although forgeworld need to sort out the website, so far the rules link takes you to the PDFs but they haven't put the rules on yet. And if you click on the kytan it takes you to the alpha legion page. Good stuff gw :taunt:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yes for the 1st war giving the daemon save up to 4++ all sides. Though makes the Ion Shield useless, unless something ignores Daemon Saves...

(Post I made elsewhere below)

Nice rules for the Kytan Daemon Engine are out... (that lord of skulls with legs)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloa…/Product/PDF/K/Kytan.pdf
Nice thing that it can replace the Lord of Skulls in the Slaughtercult formation... Also if you look at the stats it is an Imperial Knight with +1WS, -1BS, +1 side, -1 rear armour, +1I, +1A. A different shooty weapon. 5++ save and all the time and fear, Rage, Fleet, IWND, Crusader...

The knights are basically same as Imperial ones, but the D-Sword also has +1 to the D chart vs Monstrous and Gargantuan Creatures. Also can buy Knight Marks that for in all cases give it a Daemon Save (5+) + Fear and
Khorne : Reroll number of stomps and +D3 attacks on charge (50pts)
Nurgle : IWND (75pts)
Tzeentch : Rerolls 1s to hit, and Stubbers gain Soul Blaze (65pts)
Slaanesh : All in combat with it do an LD check at -2, if failed they strike at I1 (50pts)
I think Khorne and Slaanesh get the best deal there...
For Khorne add the 1st War of Armageddon in there for 35pts and you have a 4+ daemon save for you and any Khorne Daemons in 6" of your model....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts