10 Chaos Cultists, 50pts
10 Chaos Cultists, 50pts

Elite:
Helbrute, additional powerfist, heavy flamer, 120pts

Heavy Support:
Land Raider 235pts dirge caster
5 havocs: 4 autocannons , 115pts

Total: 1380ish

So I'm aiming for a list around 1500 points. I haven't played warhammer in forever, so I'm not sure about the "meta" and all that. The purpose of the army would be to play casually and for fun, but not get destroyed each time.

The things that I wonder about mostly are:

• Obliterators vs the Havoc squad
  • Do I need another HQ (like a Daemon Prince?)
  • Is 1 Helbrute enough, or do I need to play more for it to make sense
  • Why do all my Elite options suck so much?
  • I'm missing a fast attack and can't seem to choice between Raptors and Bikers, and how to play them. I dislike Heldrake for its looks, fluff, and cheese
Is it possible to create a World Eater themed Chaos List without Obliterators/Heldrakes? Although I have a scrambled Chaos Army at home I am inclined to start fresh, so I'm not limited in unit selection other than fluff (World Eaters)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Alrighty, off the bat i'm seeing some numbers issues:
That first squad should only be 210 (looks like you may have counted the meltas at the same point value as plasmas), the squad of zerkers should be 223 (looks like you forgot to calculate the power fist in there) and the Helbrute should only be 115 (helbrute only costs 100 pts now) No big deal, just something to note.

I'd take havocs over oblits any day honestly. you lose the versatility of the weapon selection but you gain survival chances, especially if you give them Mark of Nurgle with that +1 Toughness(which may be too non-fluff for you but, you're choice). Add some extra guys into that Havoc squad and make sure you put the extras in front of the autocannons bc now damage is taken from the front so you're wasting regular bolters and not you're shiny autocannons.

Problem with Daemon Princes is that they are expensive as hell and unless you dedicate all of your HQ points to it, there just simply isn't enough points in 1500 to make your army effective. I would suggest a Chaos Lord of Khorne instead if you want another HQ. Throw him on a Juggernaut for 35 points, give him the Axe of Blind Fury and/or the Burning Brand of Skalathrax with a Sigil of Corruption and not only do you have a fluff-worthy character but an effective (and expensive) one too.

Elites.... yeah, our elites aren't great. They can be great but they're extremely expensive and generally not worth taking. If you are going to take that Helbrute and two cultist squads, look into the Helbrute dataslate. It has a formation called Helcult which is a helbrute and two cultists squads. the cultists become fearless while the Helbrute is alive and the Helbrute gets a 3+ invulnerable save from having the cultists around. Each successful invuln save kills a cultist but still... not bad at all. Used to just be a cover save but its recently been FAQ'd to be an invuln.

I think Raptors are useless. They're expensive and are going to get blown to pieces by anybody. Bikers on the other hand can be good if you give them Mark of Nurgle (giving them Toughness 6) but once again, fluff. It's unfortunate that you dislike the Heldrakes considering the competitiveness they add is quite significant but without them, I wouldn't bother with a fast attack man.

I'd throw Demonic Possession on that Landraider of yours if you're gonna throw the zerkers in there with Kharn. Its 15 points and -1 Ballistic Skill but allows you to ignore half the vehicle damage table (1-4) on a 2+ roll.

I enjoy the World Eaters fluff but since 6th edition came out that nerfed Furious Charge its made being a Khornate follower much harder but definitely not impossible. Hope I helped at least a bit man.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response.

I will beef up the Havoc Squad and look into options for a Lord.

The reason I wanted a helbrute is that I wanted to build and paint a pre heresy contemptor. This whole army will be pre-heresy World Eater models and colors, and I'll be using the Forgeworld Kharne. The Bikers sound good, but is it worth without mark of Nurgle, I'm trying to shy away from non World Eater things as much as possible, and keeping the whole army in the same color scheme would be nice.

Perhaps I could make a more competitive version of the list that includes heldrakes and Obliterators as well, but it would really take away from the whole 31k vibe. (I'm aiming for the army being in the early stages of its Khorne corruption).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts