Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a new player to warhammer 40k I am having a few problems withe new codex for the csm. I was wondering if a troop unit needs to have an actual figure with flag/icon to gain the icon of a given god, or can i just nominate a member of the troop to be the icon bearer? Also, do the icon bearers then lose a cc weapon choose for holding the icon?
thanks for the help.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Yes you should have one modeled with some kind of Icon like item.. just part of the WYSIWIG rules that way..

You can nominate models in friendly games were people arent big on WYSIWIG (I dont mind it personally just so long as you can tell)

No it does not loose the extra attack or anything else.. the icon can be a flag on his back or a big skull on his helmet or a crozius in his hand.. it doesnt matter but the point is it doesnt have to be in his hand and its not considered a weapon that takes a hand slot.. besides with C:CSM the ole 2 weapons max disappeard and the Imperium/Chaos finally developed weapon slings\holsters and 3rd arms to hold every thing they got.

·
Registered
0 Posts
If you get some greenstuff or back pack banner pole you can do it like that, no need to buy anything extra model-wise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts