Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I own a Daemon Prince, a Chaos Lord, and a Chaos Sorcerer and was wondering which one is the most competitive in a slaanesh themed army? I have lots of mech in my army with a mix of noise marines and chaos marines if that helps. Also I was wondering how much it hurts to not have a psycher in this edition? Thanks.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
If you're not going Daemon of Nurgle, I wouldn't bring the Daemon Prince--that 2+ jink cover save always is one of the only ways a Daemon Prince can survive long enough to make an impact.

I'd probably take a Lord with Mark of Slaanesh, either on a bike and kitted up with good gear or on foot with the Burning Brand to camp in a Noise Marine Rhino--just take care not to dump too many points into upgrades on him (maybe a lightning claw, meltabombs and a sigil of corruption, if you're feeling fancy). Objective Secured Noise Marines (say, 5 of them with a Blastmaster in a Rhino with a havoc launcher) make great home objective campers.

The Sorc is decent, but I'd rather make my Noise Marines troops via the Lord. There is a tempting chance to get the psychic power that buffs noise weaponry, but I'd probably still run him unmarked so that he can take all Telepathy powers--probably on a bike or in Termi armor (Termi armor being much cheaper on a Sorc than on a Lord, since you're not also buying a power weapon--you already have a force weapon).

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I'd probably take a Lord with Mark of Slaanesh, either on a bike and kitted up with good gear or on foot with the Burning Brand to camp in a Noise Marine Rhino--just take care not to dump too many points into upgrades on him (maybe a lightning claw, meltabombs and a sigil of corruption, if you're feeling fancy). Objective Secured Noise Marines (say, 5 of them with a Blastmaster in a Rhino with a havoc launcher) make great home objective campers.
this

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought 3 bikers which I gave 2 of them meltas to be tank hunters, should I throw him in there or is 3 not a good enough bunker? also if I give my sorc a mark of slaanesh does he HAVE to take the slaanesh discipline or can he still take the standard rulebook spell disciplines? Also, i power armor worth taking? lastly, in my rulebook under the flying monstrous creatures section it says jink confers a 4+ cover save is that added to the 5+ invuln or??? Sorry for all the questions I only have time for about 1 game a week so it is hard to learn everything by experience.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Lord of Lustria said:
I bought 3 bikers which I gave 2 of them meltas to be tank hunters, should I throw him in there or is 3 not a good enough bunker?
3 is enough you can consider it, but you would have to buy a 4th biker just for the Lord, so you might as well buy another squad of 3 and run 5 plus the Lord. I'd probably run the Lord in a Rhino if you only have 3 bikers, though.

Lord of Lustria said:
also if I give my sorc a mark of slaanesh does he HAVE to take the slaanesh discipline or can he still take the standard rulebook spell disciplines?
Yeah, unfortunately the weird wording of the CSM psychic powers means that you must take at least one (and no more than half, rounding up) of your psychic powers from the god-related discipline of your Mark.

Lord of Lustria said:
Also, i power armor worth taking?
Power armor is already on the Lord and Sorc for free, obviously, but--on a Daemon Prince, yes, always. Also always wings.

Lord of Lustria said:
lastly, in my rulebook under the flying monstrous creatures section it says jink confers a 4+ cover save is that added to the 5+ invuln or???
Cover saves, armor saves and invulnerable saves are all different, and you can only take one of them to try to save an incoming wound. So you would only get a 4+ cover save, but if the weapon had the Ignores Cover rule (like a flamer or something, or if you were in close combat where you can't take cover saves) then you would get only the 5+ invulnerable save--or, if you bought power armor, you'd get a 3+ save against anything that wasn't AP3 or lower.

The reason I specifically said "take the Daemon of Nurgle upgrade if you buy a Prince" is that gives you the Shrouded rule, so you get a +2 bonus to cover saves--namely, your 4+ jink improves to a 2+ jink.

Lord of Lustria said:
Sorry for all the questions I only have time for about 1 game a week so it is hard to learn everything by experience.
No problem! We all need to start learning the game somewhere!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My brother has about 4k points of Dark Angels so I am sure he could lend me more bikers temporarily till my next paycheck, so I can try the bike lord at least. Also, I agree that having troop noise marines would be nice and chaos lords can be dirt cheap so I think I will go with a pretty bare bones lord perhaps with the sword of murder so he can actually win challenges without me dumping lots of points on him. I am hesitant to take a daemon prince because he seems very squishy for the large amount of points her costs and cant be bunkered with a unit for protection either. it would really suck to just get a lance to the face orr whatever and lose 200 some points in one hit. Thanks for the advice I will play around with some chaos lord builds I think. Mark of slaanesh seems pretty lackluster in all honesty but more troops is always nice.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
having a sorcerer as a 2nd HQ is not bad if you can get the symphony of pain slaaneshi psychic power (or whatever it's called - the one that give a +1 strength bump to the sonic weaponry, Stack-able too IIRC)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts