Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after reading about the shoot and move armies in the april edition of white dwarf I thought it would be fun to make one!

DP
MoT
doombolt
warptime

sorcerer
MoT
doombollt
BoC

5 chosen, 4 meltas

5 chosen, 5 flamers

5 possesed

10 Tsons, aspiring with doombolt

10 tsons, aspiring with doombolt

10 zerkers, champ w/ PF

2 spawn

2 spawn

3 oblitz

pred with las spons and twin linked las cannon

defiler w/ havoc launcher and heavy bolter

the idea is to send the possesed and spawn at them to slow them down while everything shoots them to pieces, and if anything gets too close, the flamer chosen and zerkers will finish them off! C&Cs are very welcome!:eek:k:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Not bad, but TS, zerkers and possessed probably won't see combat because they only move 6" a turn, and the TS are S&P. Plus, I don't think you'll "blow them to pieces" because you have very few long range shots available. Change the pred with a defiler if possible.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The possessed, Zerkers and spawn don't seem to fit well with this theme. Noise Marines would be a very good choice due to their assault option on their weapons. I believe Noise Marines with Sonic Blasters are the ultimate gun line unit as they can pump out an incredible amount of static fire, and a decent amount of fire while on the move, and can hold objectives, and a champ with a doom siren decimates MEqs. I would take them over Tsons any day of the week, though without rhinos for protection, I suppose that invulnerable save will come in very handy. Oblits would also be the best move and shoot heavy support choice. That Pred isn't going to be able to move and shoot all of its guns. Fluff wise, I suppose a Defiler would make a good move and shoot unit, though I just think they suck :wink: And two Tzeentch DPs would work better than a Sorc that can't travel in a rhino.

Interesting idea. Let us know how it plays out =)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
by shoot and move, I don't mean I want everything to move and shoot, it means I have shooty units, and move units, shooty = oblitz, move = spawn! Thanks for the comments! anything else?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
by shoot and move, I don't mean I want everything to move and shoot, it means I have shooty units, and move units, shooty = oblitz, move = spawn! Thanks for the comments! anything else?
Okay, I get it now. But unfortunately it still won't work, because walking assault units are almost destined to fail. Stuff them into Rhinos, but even then don't expect the Rhinos to live very long. You'll notice that most assault units have something special about them to get them into combat quickly and with minimum casualties, such as:

Ork Boyz: 6 points each, so if they die, it won't matter
Genestealers: Scout
Hormogaunts: Fleet
Spawns: Beast special rule
Assault Marines/Raptors: Jump packs

Therefore for this reason the possessed and Berserkers are going to get shot up before they can reach the enemy's lines, and unfortunately, for 21 and 24 points a model, that isn't acceptable. Spawns may see combat, but they aren't going to do much damage or live that long, so as a harasment unit/distraction, they may be alright, but don't bet on them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i don't have my codex on me, but is there anything in the CSM codex that would count as beasts?

i couldn't remember if Spawn do, but if they do, that may be a viable option as they could move along fast enough to engage, tie, up and weaken opposing units.

sorry i don't know the Spawn rules well enought, but TBH since no one (including me) take them, i don't know their rules very well.

good hunting.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
-Chaos Spawn are beasts.

And lorgar, i'm kind of Confused... When i saw the theme move and shoot... You don't actually have alot of Move and Shoot. I then saw you said something about Spawn being move type units...

Spawn are good at being meatshields... but frankly for 160 points, theres better options.

For example Defilers are #1 move and shoot frankly, upgrade your pred to another defiler with Twin-linked Lascannon and heavy flamer. Because if your doing the best of movers and shooters, You don't wanna waste points in Spawns and Possessed...

I'd just have like 3 squads of Zerkers, 2 defilers, some oblits. I cant seem to make sense of your list!!

But i'm not sure. I'd be intrested to see it play, and i'd like to be proved wrong :))

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
thanks for DetroyerHive for the assist, and have some rep!

i agree with ROT, Spawn are much too expensive for what you trying to do.

though if you used a list based on Chaos Spawn (???) you could set it up to have a large TSons squad screening Spawn with Defilers running deflection.

good hunting.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Curse those 3 minutes! ;)
Ha! No just kidding, you deserve some rep too. Here ya go!

·
Registered
390 Posts
How about this¬
V
HQ
Lash prince-wings=155
Lash prince-wings=155

Elites
5xChosen-5xmelta,rhino=175

Troops
6xNoise Marines-6xsonic blaster,rhino-combi melta,,champ-PW,Doom Siren=235
6xNoise Marines-6xsonic blaster,rhino-combi melta,champ-PW,Doom Siren=235

Heavy Support
Defiler-Havoc Launcher=155

Total=1500pts
Not only is this a good move and fire force but it good double as an emperers children fluff list- notice the squad sizes. Lash together squads then land a battlecannon shell right on top of them. Pwnd. I didn't give the noise marines blast masters because I think that their points cost is too high for what they do. However, sonic blasters are the beans! The quantity of shots annilates hoardes and ruins power armour. The chosen are there as anti tank which this list needs. Park the noise marines on an objective and just shoot the hell out of anything that comes near. After they have delivered the noise marines the rhinos can then drive of and maybe use their combi meltas to make suicide dashes against tanks. The princes offer nice back ups incase the enemy gets too close, think counter charge.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
How about this¬
V
HQ
Lash prince-wings=155
Lash prince-wings=155

Elites
5xChosen-5xmelta,rhino=175

Troops
6xNoise Marines-6xsonic blaster,rhino-combi melta,champ-PW,Doom Siren=235

Heavy Support

Total=1500pts
Not only is this a good move and fire force but it good double as an emperers children fluff list- notice the squad sizes. Lash together squads then land a battlecannon shell right on top of them. Pwnd. I didn't give the noise marines blast masters because I think that their points cost is too high for what they do. However, sonic blasters are the beans! The quantity of shots annilates hoardes and ruins power armour. The chosen are there as anti tank which this list needs. Park the noise marines on an objective and just shoot the hell out of anything that comes near. After they have delivered the noise marines the rhinos can then drive of and maybe use their combi meltas to make suicide dashes against tanks. The princes offer nice back ups incase the enemy gets too close, think counter charge.
He said that he didn't want a move and fire force, but a force where some units shoot, and some units move. I'm sure he appreciates the effort though, and nice list!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
it is a nice list, but 18 MEQ's at 1500 pts. is frail. i would do some major rethinking before taking this list.

good hunting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts