Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
I`ll see what more I can add, because I like this idea a lot.

Justaerin terminators who have held true to Horus` ideals for ten milennia...

I would do a bit of research into this one, then decide which path your warriors have taken and select a paint scheme accordingly.

To elaborate, when did your force remove themselves from Abaddon`s direct service? Were they loyal to him for a time, abandoning him after the reformation of the Black Legion when they began to view him as weak and narrow minded, or did they seperate right from the get go, forging their own path immediately when Horus was slain?

Once that detail is decided, the colours of your army will be easier to select. Sons of Horus or Black Legion depending on timeline.

Naturally, you may want to add your own elaborations or customisation to whichever scheme.

Good luck with it. :grin:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I love the fluff angles!,like the ambitious conversions that could come from this.

straight off the top...
Scyths,ChainBlades,Flails,Hammers and mace's,chaos terminator bits,remove the helmits and replace with warriors of chaos/marauder heads and the like,one of either box could get you quite far.Probably the marauders more heads/weapons...

#Like the black armour-mabey do something like a universal glowing almost highlighter green in the detailed writeing on the pads.

#OR use the wrighting on the sholders as a way to display a mark of chaos,blessings from individual gods,
Blood constantly dripping through silver runes-Korn,
filth and pox/slime-Nurgle,
molten gold?-Slaanesh,
unsure on Tzeench mabey just a blue hue over silver with a little silver and blue familiar sitting in close proximity bound to the pauldron by some magical leash? less common but ideal for squad focussed power channaling representitives.

Mabey a different weapon look for each power.
Or mabey if you go with the orginal nemesis weapons paint them silver and wash The Four Colours like Archaon's Daemonic Blade
Mabey thats what they all carry anyway(Daemonic Blades) mean!
that leaves the script/purity seals and the like-something to do with the colours again?

That Interpole thing is a good hook,but so's the;Horus' Veteran Legion

My only concern would be turning out a beutifuly painted lot of black grey knights if you catch my drift, apart from the icon what else will denote them as Chaos Elite

PS thanks for the help you gave me! don't know if any of this helps?

·
Registered
290 Posts
i once had an idea to do a small black legion force with the justaerin using grey knights as the basis for my conversion work but i thought the metal aspect of the grey would be too hard to overcome so i scrapped it, but with this rumored GK plastic kit, it might be an option, good luck if you decide to do anything, and let us know/see how it goes!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think a cool use for them would be to make them personal retinues of a certain mark. Like Death Guard of Mortarion with reapers would see best the Grey Knight rules. Granting them the better strength with their reapers and WS with their ranks as personal guard. Toughness though, your shit out of luck. But hey, thousand sons, world eaters, or Fulgrim's retinue could look pretty well along with working well with their rules.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think a cool use for them would be to make them personal retinues of a certain mark. Like Death Guard of Mortarion with reapers would see best the Grey Knight rules. Granting them the better strength with their reapers and WS with their ranks as personal guard. Toughness though, your shit out of luck. But hey, thousand sons, world eaters, or Fulgrim's retinue could look pretty well along with working well with their rules.
:shok: how have i never thought of this! awesome idea mate!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Maybe a bunch of T-son sorcerer's getting together to do something-er-other. Wasn't Ahriman banished with a small cabal of sorcerers after he cast the Rubric of Ahriman? The GK 'dex could quite easily represent a small group of T-son sorcerers searching for artifacts and what-not.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Maybe a bunch of T-son sorcerer's getting together to do something-er-other. Wasn't Ahriman banished with a small cabal of sorcerers after he cast the Rubric of Ahriman? The GK 'dex could quite easily represent a small group of T-son sorcerers searching for artifacts and what-not.
Except, from what I can tell, the special rules wouldn't fit. The only thing that would is the powers.... and thats about it.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Necro-power! Funnily enough, I linked to this thread in the modelling forum just yesterday to see if I can actually get this off the ground. If the comments come from me doing that, then apologies for misleading that this is a currently active thread.

GFP

·
Registered
14 Posts
My idea for counts as "chaos" GK has always been an elite force, personally ive been toying with the idea of some sort of alliance between the dark-mech (mass production of weapons, Armour/ initiates), word bearers (dark faith, the anti to the GK's emperor faith), and iron warriors (weapons/Armour) as this would pretty much cover all of their abilities.

Or a "alternate" universe-esque idea with the heresy ending in Horus winning , but most of the loyalist primarchs surviving thus the "black" knights would be hunting down the loyalists etc...............

though i prefer the first one.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have to say this is the first time I haven't facepalmed reading any thread about crossing GK's with Chaos.
I really liked the fluff background piece posted earlier. The idea of them being an elite, best-of-the-best, semi-mercenary force is brilliant. Not GK's, but filling a similar role for the forces of Chaos.
The idea of them drawing the best of the other unaligned legions is very good too. It is totally fitting that the strongest veterans would seek out the strongest group to align themselves with.
Using the GK models with new livery is briliant, and I have to agree that a clean, black color scheme with silver or gold trim would look absolutely smashing. Again, making them a dark mirror to the GKs, without having to try and explain "fallen Grey Knights" :p

I would love to see them as you work on them. Is there any chance you're planning to do a Project Log thread?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I've got soooo much other hobby stuff that I really should be doing, but the plastics are so nice that I've got to give it a go. Just looking at the modelling article in GW had me imagining them painted black- even the text would work!
If I do it, then I'll try and do the full log experience. I've never done it before, so what the hell. Watch this space for the Chaos A-Team, Action Force (GI Joe for our chums across the pond!) and SAS all rolled into one!

GFP

21 - 31 of 31 Posts