Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I was very bored, so I looked at my game collection and I saw 2 things that caught my eye Final Liberation and Chaos gate, unfortunatly Liberation didn't work *sigh* but Chaos gate did, and you know what............I had forgotten how much fun and how detailed it was, all those cool little things that happen like today when my assault squad was going into the attack one of my guys Plasma pistols just jammed twice lol, Its an amazingly simple edition, but it makes a game like that much more interesting to play, knowing that could happen.

So I was wondering, what old games have you dug out and found them to be so complex in there detail that it just makes it so much fun?.

·
Banned
677 Posts
D'oh, I miss chaos gate sooo bad. My disc fell out of it's sleeve in travel outside and got murdered by concrete... Years ago, but still.

Khaine

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Threadomancy...?

I have heard you can get chaos gate download online for free but i cant seem to find the site, if anyone can or knows where please let us know.
You talking about some pirate site filled with illegal downloads? :p

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Naah, they will work. Its like Dawn of War. The key can be used on a bassillion computers and stuff.

·
Registered
468 Posts
gonna have to dig out my chaos gate disc, might i ask how you got it to work?

I always seemed to crash mid mission.

I'm going to try using a windows 98 install on a virtual machine

EDIT: Just found my master of orion 2 CD!

Can't find my civilisation 1 or doom 1/2 disk's :/

·
Registered
349 Posts
gonna have to dig out my chaos gate disc, might i ask how you got it to work?

I always seemed to crash mid mission.

I'm going to try using a windows 98 install on a virtual machine

EDIT: Just found my master of orion 2 CD!

Can't find my civilisation 1 or doom 1/2 disk's :/
MOO2: Greatest. 4X Game. EVER! I wish they hadn't made MOO3.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Man I remember my cousin gave this to me and I played it forever. The ending battle against the last boss was messed up though. The last boss and two chaos terminators were in a room behind a door. Once one marine walked past a certain point the doors would open and they would come out and wrecked your army. I realized that if you just stood behind that point and threw a warp grenade at the door there was a good chance it would cover the area behind the door and kill everyone in the room without seeing them. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Does this still work on thenewer versions of windows then? Vista in particular?

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Most likely not, I had to fiddle immensely just to get it to work on xp and even than it was flaky at best.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts