Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish to put a couple of Chaos Dreads into my list and I was wondering if it were better to take an autocannon or a missile launcher as a shooting weapon? Or is it best to give them 2 combat arms? I am not troubled by the risk of fire frenzy otherwise my decision would have already been made .

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I run a dread, I always give it the additional close combat arm. It really helps in close combat and it saves a bunch of points.

·
Registered
388 Posts
When I run a dread, I always give it the additional close combat arm. It really helps in close combat and it saves a bunch of points.
That and it makes fire frenzy not nearly as scary.

Even then it's probably still the best option. Cheap, and it gives you an edge in CC over those filthy loyalists, since last I checked only Blood Angels weren't forced to take a ranged weapon for one arm. And maybe Space Wolves, I can't remember.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I would definitely go with just 2 CC arms. I have ran two of them before, both with a heavy flamer as well and my opponent underestimated them.....he wont ever do it again :mrgreen:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think 2 DCCW + HF is the best choice. EA is very useful for CC dreads, but if you don't have enough pts, don't bother about it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I sometimes run the dread with a ML. If he goes frenzy, just make sure a rhino or a second dread shows his showing it's side armour. Than choose the frag missile and nothing can happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts