Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are many Descendant chapters in the loyalist legions but does this occur in Chaos as well?

And specifically speaking about the World Eaters, I understand that they have separated into several warbands that sometimes unite together. Do they tend to fight under the banner of the World Eaters or do they rename themselves?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
to add to Barons post, I think the last time the World Eaters thought together was at Armageddon with Angron, I may be incorrect there, but I'm sure Baron will correct me if I am.

EDIT - FUCK YEAH 1000 POSTS! :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
to add to Barons post, I think the last time the World Eaters thought together was at Armageddon with Angron, I may be incorrect there, but I'm sure Baron will correct me if I am.

In essense correct, that was the last time so large a number of the World Eaters was assembled- though I'm not sure if they were all entirely of Angron's geneseed, some may have been 'simply' Astartes dedicated to Khorne.

Congrat's on the 1,000th post, I'm hoping to reach 4,000 before November :grin:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

lol Achievement Unlocked 1000 posts! 50G

But what about otehr legions as well?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Well as far as I know their aren't any descending legions from the traitor legion like the loyalists, but as Baron said they will break off into different warbands under a champion, or a daemon prince, maybe even a daemon.

I think there are marines (such as Fabius Bile) who create marines (I think) but I doubt enough to form an entire descendant 'chapter'.

And good luck to 4000 posts, I'll be there in a couple years lol.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Its generally the same for all the legions and renegade chapters. They are all divided into smaller warbands or companies led by a champion, until such time that a stronger champion comes along and gathers several other warbands. He can do this through pacts, by defeating the leaders and taking command, being chosen by a god to lead for some reason, or a number of other things.

Some legions, and renegade chapters, maintain their organization to a far greater degree; such as the Word Bearers and Iron Warriors. While on the other hand, you have some that were so decimated or so fractured that they can only function as smaller warbands pulled together by a strong champion. (Like the World Eaters or Emperor's Children.)

You also can have warbands made up of marines who do not believe in, follow, like, accept, have been exiled by, have been betrayed by the legion or chapter they originate from. A group of them can gather and form a loose warband as well.

·
Registered
697 Posts
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Warriors_of_Mayhem

One of those Chapters you can create your own fluff for :) the best kind!

Something else off topic but pertaining to Chaos - if anyone has seen the trailer for the new Ultramarines movie, they will have noticed that Chaos is portrayed as crazed, unorganized loons who just charge hazardly into bolter fire without any sort of tactics or common sense. In the trailer there is a circle of Ultramarines all back to back and then there are CSMs running at them one at a time just getting blown away. Kind of pissed me off when Chaos Marines are among the older Astartes, being thousands of years old, still existing from the Heresy but have delayed effects of age from being in the warp. Just sort of made me angry, figures that GW would portray their wonderfully perfect boys in blue in that sort of light. While the older more experienced CSMs look like crazed lunatics

·
Registered
42 Posts
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Warriors_of_Mayhem

One of those Chapters you can create your own fluff for :) the best kind!

Something else off topic but pertaining to Chaos - if anyone has seen the trailer for the new Ultramarines movie, they will have noticed that Chaos is portrayed as crazed, unorganized loons who just charge hazardly into bolter fire without any sort of tactics or common sense. In the trailer there is a circle of Ultramarines all back to back and then there are CSMs running at them one at a time just getting blown away. Kind of pissed me off when Chaos Marines are among the older Astartes, being thousands of years old, still existing from the Heresy but have delayed effects of age from being in the warp. Just sort of made me angry, figures that GW would portray their wonderfully perfect boys in blue in that sort of light. While the older more experienced CSMs look like crazed lunatics
Some CSM are crazed lunatics. They've lived in the EOT, a crazy daemon realm, for ten thousand real space years. Some of them have gone a little bonkers. Not all of them can be cool and calculating like the Black Legion. Just like some of the loyalist legions that go berserk on occasion and slaughter some friendly troops, *cough Flesh Tearers*. That being said GW does favor the boys in blue.

·
Registered
194 Posts
As posted above, there are many different ways in which offshoots and branches of CSM founding legions are formed. Very few of the original traitor legions bare resemblance to their original orginisation.

Even the Word Bearers (possibly the most united of the traitor legions) have major sub-groups or warbands consisting of marines with their gene-seed. The Sanctified are a Word Bearers exile 'chapter' who worship Khorne rather than chaos undivided, and were responsible for the summoning of An'ggrath at the siege of Vraks. It's also not unfeasible that they rival the size of a loyalist chapter, considering the size of their parent legion.

So ultimately, there are no hard and fast rules concerning chaos, but we all knew that already.

P.S. Don't know much about the Warriors of Mayhem, except that they stole my original colour scheme for my very first CSM when I was like 13.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts