Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I am getting two. One for steevey to paint and one for me. Along with a selection of weapons.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i ordered mine rightwhen it was posted to there website for pre-order. im happy it came when it did i wasnt expecting it for a few more days.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
and this has been turned into a WIP lol here is the shoulders of this monster. still working on it. I'm thinking im going to do a Alpha Legion pattern on it. just to go with my traitor guard.

·
Registered
748 Posts
The color looks smooth enough, but, like stevey asked, please tell me you primed it or something first. You're just begging for the paint to chip off painting directly on resin.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
no i primed it . first with a washing of warm water with a tiny bit of soap to clean off the crud off it then i used Adaptud battlegrey. then i put ultramarine blue over the top. im thinking of hitting it with some ice blue but not sure yet. i like how it looks so far

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
yeah i have learned over the years you need to prime models. But i have also cheated at the end and i spray my models with hairspray to seal everything in. and it has seamed to have worked well so far.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I would vote Chaos Undivided, and then any Legion that worships that for bigger oppurtunities. I selected Emperor's Children a long time ago, and now I wished I would have gone for a different Legion, despite the fact I love them. :) Alpha Legion sounds great.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
i was reading up on the alpha legion and they seam fun. they mess with everyone. Imperial forces and chaos alike. i got the head almost completed so ill toss that up along with my completed shoulders once its done. im working at it slowly so i dont mess it up. that and i have found a few tiny air pockets already in the model but they are close edges that i can ruff it up and make it look a bit more "used" so to speak.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
ok so here is the head...im kinda happy with it but not really. and im stuck with what color to do the eyes...ice blue or blood red. *sigh*

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
ok so work has held me up on finishing this fella along with a few spaz moments from teh good old nerves. so i had to redo a few parts im hoping to finish him up this weekend and have some pics posted of him completed.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
ok here is some parts to my Decimator let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
697 Posts
ok here is some parts to my Decimator let me know what you guys think.
Not sure if you're done with them yet, but I would throw a wash or some highlights on the blue to make it pop more. I love the way the smoke stacks look though - can't wait to see this thing come together. Now I'm wishing I didn't quit my job and tell the Pres/Owner of the company I worked for to kick rocks so I could afford to buy one myself :p

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Still have a few more parts still to do. Once they are completed I'll be doing a wash over it all. Sence one I cut them off the the spry I'll have a little but if touch up to do on him.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I like the mouth on the one kneepad(?), that's done really well. Same with the blue though, it needs something, lines, highlights, a wash, something to make it pop a bit, it looks a bit flat. But nice work so far. :)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts