Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've compiled a list that I'm going to run at a campaign my friends and I are running. We're starting out small, and working our way up, but for now it's just daemons, and the rules go as follows:
No AV over 34
No 2+ saves
No Unique Characters
1 HQ 1 Troops choice required.

My list goes as follows:

HQ:
Herald of Khorne:100
-Chariot
-Unholy MIght

Troops:
14 Bloodletters: 224

Heavy Support: 175
Daemon Prince
-Mark of Nurgle
-Cloud of Flies
-Unholy Might
-Breath of Chaos
-Noxious Touch

Is this any good? I have the Daemon Prince there because of it's utility and abilities in small point-cost games to kill pretty much any vehicles thrown at me and wipe out entire squads of marines with relative ease.

Oh, and here's a list of armies I'll be facing:

1 Blood Angels/Space marines player (he isn't sure yet)
1 Space Marines player
2 Tyranids players (both relatively MC heavy)
1 Necrons player
1 Dark Eldar player (maybe, she hasn't decided yet)

Do you think these would fall to the might of the Ruinous powers? Any constructive criticism would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Chariot to Herald, Noxious Touch to Daemon Prince, +1 bloodletter, because the points were there and needing to be spent.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Its a nasty list... but in the 500pt campaign Ive been playing recently (with battle missions) Ive found that having lots of troops really is essential. Im playing tzeentch/slaanesh with 3 units of troops and quite often Im playing with 3-5 objectives against people with 1 troops unit.... its a little unfair in my favour at that point (but then Im not massively killy so it evens out in some games).

·
Registered
388 Posts
A few thoughts:

If your Herald isn't going to be joining a unit of Bloodcrushers, you're probably better off putting it on a Chariot instead of just a Juggernaut. It's significantly cheaper, and the Herald ends up with an extra wound on top of it.

Using 10 of those points that would free up, you could give your Nurgle prince Noxious Touch. That could be especially nice against those MC-heavy Tyranid players you mentioned, as it will let you wound even their biggest baddest guys on a 2+. The rest you could use to give the herald Fury of Khorne, giving you a second option for taking out vehicles.

I usually prefer Daemonettes over Bloodletters for versatility, but if it's only 500 points, and you have 2 space marine armies and 1 necron army on top of it, definitely go bloodletters. In fact, I'd almost say get more Bloodletters, like Tim/Steve said, but that Prince could also be nice too, especially if you need something useful against both Space Marines and Tyranids.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I added the suggestions I saw best, but I didn't add Fury of Khorne because the whole "No Av over 34" means that if he assaults, at S7, any roll of a 6 will penetrate anyway, so I saw no need. Also, I've decided not to go for more troops, as our little group tends not to play the game properly and only ever ROLLS to choose the game type like, 1 in 4 times, so I think I'll be pretty safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts