Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come to expand my Nurgle themed chaos space marine army. I have two units of plague marines, one unit of zombies, Typhus, one rhino, and a unit of chaos terminators. So the next big thing I want to get Is either a daemon prince Or a land raider. Why those? Well the prince would be a great warlord to work along with Typhus. On top of that I have a neat modeling idea for a daemon prince. While the land land raider is a great delivery system for Typhus and the terms. I know I want another Rhino and a helldrake. I am leaning prince prince he will be more than just a typhus bus. And deep striking Typhus With the terms is a plan. The other option that I just thought of is to remove a plague marine(having 6 in a unit instead of 7) and remove he helldrake and try and fit both land raider and prince... But losing that helldrake. I am planning for an 1850 pt army.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Personally I would go with the DP. I feel the LR is overpriced for what it delivers.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Land raiders are just a delivery system, then they are pretty useless.
I say a 2+ cover nurgle DP is the best thing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Land raiders are just a delivery system, then they are pretty useless.
I say a 2+ cover nurgle DP is the best thing.
Yeah that is a problem with a land raider. Over 230 points .for a delivery system. While the DP never stops being useful. So with that mostly answered Deepstriking typhus With terms still a good option? Maybe an aegis defense line with a comms relay to increase my chances of him coming in the turn I want.

So the modeling idea for have with the DP, I want to get a rot fly(those giant bugs used for plague drones) attach it to the back of a DP like a giant parasite to be the "wings".

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Instead of spending 70 points on an ADL w/ Comms and leaving a unit there until they come in, why not just start them on foot and run them up behind something that will either block LoS or at least give them cover (I'm lookin' at you, Cultists)?

Cool idea for the DP conversion.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Instead of spending 70 points on an ADL w/ Comms and leaving a unit there until they come in, why not just start them on foot and run them up behind something that will either block LoS or at least give them cover (I'm lookin' at you, Cultists)?

Cool idea for the DP conversion.
Well marching them behind zombies would be decent but slow. With deep strike I can get them In turn 2. Both are decent options, and depending on the army mission and board set up one might be the better choice .

Thanks I thought it was a cool idea for a daemon prince also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts