Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I just recently tried an all Nurgle army list against my fiance's Blood Angels and not only got my teeth kicked in, but knocked out. This is the list I am going to attempt next.

HQ: Ku'gath
ELITE: Flamers of Tzeentch X6
ELITE: Flamers of Tzeentch X6
TROOP: Pink Horrors of Tzeentch X15 ;Bolt of Tzeentch, Chaos Icon
TROOP: Pink Horrors of Tzeentch X15 ;Bolt of Tzeentch
FAST ATTACK: Soulgrinder; Tongue

Please let me know what you all think.
Thanks a bunch! ^_^

·
Registered
388 Posts
First of all, Soul Grinders are Heavy Support, not Fast Attack :wink:

That... is a LOT of Pink Horrors. Against most armies I'd think that's pretty devastating, but I think Bloodletters will likely work better, as they can just chew right through all that power armor. And if they use Land Raiders at all, even Bolt of Tzeentch won't be that great against them, so you're probably all around better off using Bloodletters and just dealing with them being useless against vehicles.

Flamers are nice, but it might not hurt to consider smaller units of them, as they're pretty much suicide bombers. I'd also strongly recommend a full unit of Fiends of Slaanesh as well.

Ku'gath is a lot more expensive than an average Great Unclean One, but his special abilities really only shine in a Tally list, and even then his Ordinance attack isn't that great against Space Marines. You're probably better off just using him as a standard GUO, or maybe some other standard Greater Daemon. If you would rather have ranged backup, consider Heralds of Tzeentch on chariots with Master of Sorcery, Bolt of Tzeentch and We are Legion.

Phlegm is usually more useful, but you're lacking quite a bit of anti-tank, so I can see the appeal. If he uses a decent number of vehicles, I'd recommend either more Soul Grinders or some Princes as well, with Mark of Nurgle, Iron Hide and either Daemonic Gaze for killing Marines, or Breath of Chaos so you can glance a Land Raider on a 4+. Noxious Touch is also rather shiny on a Prince vs Marines.

Hopefully that helped.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Also break those Flamers into three units, the only thing grouping them up in big units like that does is make it easier for the enemy to target them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts