Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently in the process or converting my old Space Marine Landspeeders into Chaos. Seeing as my guys fell from Loyalist and into Chaos, i wanted my entire old army into it :D any ideas on how i should proceed?

i've got one more or less done for Khorne, a fe bits from Defiler sprue

·
Registered
203 Posts
Oh for the love of cheese. Of course Chaos get Land Speeders. Ok, either you have to VDR it, use the rules out of Codex: SM (with opponents consent) or just model your guys as chaos but play them as loyalists, but you can use a land speeder in a Chaos army.

[/end rant]

As for the land speeder, couple of chaos logos and remodelling the crew should be sufficient. Thats how I'm going to do mine anyway. Incidentally, on page 2 of the general 40K forum theres a thread about renegade marines, I'd love it if you could post info about your guys in there.

Dragonlover

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The manager at my local GW said that as long as I write a history with a reason as to how the Landspeeders got into my army he'd let me use them...... he likes the history part of the game :biggrin:

And once i've finished writing the history of my guys i'll post in the thingy you suggested Dragonlover...... Fallen Chapter, i used to play my guys as a Loyalist army, but I changed them into Chaos in my second year of gaming..... but I liked all my models, so i wanted to play them with Chaos :laugh:

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Oh for the love of cheese. Of course Chaos get Land Speeders. Ok, either you have to VDR it, use the rules out of Codex: SM (with opponents consent) or just model your guys as chaos but play them as loyalists, but you can use a land speeder in a Chaos army.
[/end rant]

As for the land speeder, couple of chaos logos and remodelling the crew should be sufficient. Thats how I'm going to do mine anyway. Incidentally, on page 2 of the general 40K forum theres a thread about renegade marines, I'd love it if you could post info about your guys in there.

Dragonlover

hmm ok, lets see. Chaos Codex, Fast Attack Section, hmmm do i see LandSpeeder. NO!

Chaos do not get Landspeeders, it is not detailed as an option in the Chaos Codex.

I can accept that the GW guy lets you use it in your friendly games at the store, but it is not a legal option for a Chaos army.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's not for proper proper games, like tournies or what not, i just liked them when i was loyalist, so i'm trying to start using them with Chaos, despite them not being there, and people are letting me use them, as long as i can give a good history account for them being there

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, i was a bit annoyed at that when i first read chaos codex....... they might as well make a renegade codex, fallen chapters and the like

1 - 9 of 9 Posts