Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've been reading a bit about various loadouts for contemptors.

I wanted to run a World Eaters Contemptor with 2 dreadnought CCW, dedication to Khorne, and I'm not sure what else (plasma blaster/heavy flamer/soulburner/etc.). The opinion seems to be that this is a horrible loadout, especially the dedication to Khorne.

How do you run your Chaos Contemptor? Is Khorne really so bad? Rage + D3 attacks on the charge sucks? Nurgle is the favorite, Tzeentch + flamers seems to sound decent as well.

Thoughts, comments?

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, gimped or not, I'm gonna run a contemptor with 2 DCCW and dedication to Khorne, at least at first. I'm also gonna get a drop pod to count as a dreadclaw.

After I get obliterated, I'll probably run it with a dedication to Nurgle. It will be a World Eaters contemptor model, though. Not the first time my World Eaters minis will have Nurgle/Tzeentch marks on 'em :biggrin:.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I've never used a contemptor, but i think that a ranged option could be useful. Just match the ranged with his cc capabilities: this means antitank/monster

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
My Chaos Contemptor supports a heavy ranged force, so I give it the Heavy Conversion Beamer, as something to let it snipe from the backfield.

If you want a real ripper of a close combat monster, check out the Decimator.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've seen the heavy conversion beamer in action. It's pretty damn nice. BS5 compliments shooting nicely, to be sure. I just really like the idea of dropping my Contemptor in a Dreadclaw near enemy armor/whatever and going to town.

The Decimator looks pretty sweet, too. WS3/BS3 isn't so great, but it does have some nice rules over all. I think I'd still prefer the Contemptor, though. Even if my army isn't tournament worthy, might as well have the cool factor :grin:.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts