Tank Hunter
Blastmaster x4
Sonic Blaster x4

Heavy Support:

Defiler - 190 pts
Mutated Hull
Havoc Launcher

Total: 2000 pts

I originally posted this list on the 40k Forums... and let me start by saying I haven't actually played 40k in months... nor posted. But in the background that is my life, I've begun working on this army... my Rubrics are done, my Chaos lord is done (though there was an explosion that makes me think about building a new one rather than repairs and touchups), and I've had a Defiler for a while now.

My first squad of Noise Havocs are still half assembled, my second is due as a christmas present in a few days. I own tons of extra noise weaponry to upgrade them with.

So what is the army? It's fiery death, I hope. With effectively four heavies (Marked Havocs count as elites in Black legion), I have a ton of firepower... Thousand Son sorcerers have great shooting spells, the Defiler is tooled up with the battlecannon, plus anti infantry autocannons and havocs. Thousand Sons make a strong core of wounds with slow and purposeful bolters... and the Noise Marines are pure insanity when it comes to all the firepower they can produce. They're also the icons to throw out Daemonettes... my close combat surprises.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
hi xabre, welcome to heresy.

Its very rare that i see a list and think, i haven't seen that before, so this list was quite a refreshing change from that point of view. It also made me really think about how the list would perform on the battlefield. So anyway heres my imput for what its worth.

Rubrics are tough and only really powerful ordanace really scares them, I'd add in at least 2 thralls so the asp can shoot his doombolts twice in a turn. For the points i'm always surprised when people don't take it.

The lord i'd switch his power for wind of chaos. on a model with flight it rocks.

The defiler seems out of place in the list as the only armour it will probably find itself getting blown very quickly. However if you change Mutated hull for Indirect, it would become a real pain for your opp to deal with.

A solid looking list with plenty of firepower AND lots of rending. Would be interesting to play against aswell :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lovely list but its illegal you cant have troops with a different mark from your Lord (excluding MoCU) or different Daemons all you could have is Rubric marines and unmarked/MoCU

sorry, once you fix it up put it back on and i will see what else we can get done :D

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Incorrect. In a black legion, any units marked as your lord are Troops.

Any units marked that are not the same as your lord are considered Elites. Which is the same reason why I can field 3 sets of Slaneeshi Havocs (elite slots) as well as a Defiler (heavy slot).

The only mark that the army can NOT have is Nurgal, because I've got a Tzeentch lord.

Jig: It's been a while since I've looked at the points of this list... I made it long ago, have been working on building it, but I couldn't for the life of me tell you the individual points anymore on stuff.

I remember what Winds of Chaos dose, that's the flamer template, and I know that due to it's range it's a fairly cheap power... I could switch it with doom bolt no problem.

Similiarly, I remember that there was no more than a 5 pt difference between indirect fire and mutated hull on the Defiler... so I could probably always rotate based on what was needed. The havoc launcher will always be there... simply because the model is stock with them as built. :wink:

At that point, the question simply becomes; where do I get the points for the thralls? The easiest answer is the power weapons on the Champions... but I'm loathe to drop them because rending is effective but unpredictable, and other than that only the Lord has the dark blade.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
ok to gain the points for thralls you could drop the deamonettes down to 6 strong and take 3 units, which i know its not a Emperrors children army it is the chosen number of slanesh. That would free up 30 points[i believe] so give you plenty for some thralls in the rubrics

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm worried about 6x3 Daemonettes because I don't thi nk they'd be large enough as scoring units. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
34 Posts
bring 1 unit down to 6 and bring another unit of deamonettes up to 12
as the small unit will last for 1 turn(at least) but if it charges agenst
anything I4 or less will do a lot of damage and the big unit of
deamonettes will last for the game and go around killing tanks,heavy infintary,characters and most things they will come up agenst

change dark blade for dread axe hold that thought . . . . I'd use each for
a battle a decide which you prefer but i prefer dread axe

·
Registered
383 Posts
I could be wrong but doesn't the +1 to summoning roll for being a favoured unit only affect pure armies? So that in this case 6 or 12 Daemonettes would be favoured but the +1 is only for pure Emperor's Children armies?

·
Registered
74 Posts
You're correct. However, it looks more like a fluff thing than anything else.

The list looks very tough, mainly as I would never have played against it. There's a lot of unknowns in it.

The one thing I would be wary of however, is where your Demonettes could be summoned from. They can't from from the models with the mark of tzeentch, which pretty much just leaves the Havocs. They don't seem to have much of a forward position which would leave your demonettes walking quite a ways-a bad thing for them.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
True, but remember that sonic weaponry all have Assault Settings.

My Havocs could always walk and fire, just not at their full strength.

I could try one 6 and one 12... That could be an option, certainly. I'll try that out.

As for the Dread Axe... I'll have to look up it's stats first to see if it's what I want.

·
Registered
941 Posts
mutated hull???!!! is that still legal??!!! IDK, enlighten me!!! Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Registered
941 Posts
He he he!!! Let's mix it up a little!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts