Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this project log I'll show you (I hope, if not every day, every week) the progress of an army I've started some time ago. It's an 1500 chaos sm.

So, the point was to achieve an easy way to paint an army, but with a propper look. This ended in lots of rust (wich I always loved) and, for make my guys different, I'll freehand in everyone of them known artworks from Velázquez, Munch, Goya, ...

Here you've the first pictures. Those show my WIP terminators:

The bases will be covered with snow.

I'll answer any question you guys have as best as I can :mrgreen:
C&C really welcome.

Have a nice day!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
absolutely amazing.

brilliant job on the scream there.

you have my admiration times a million squared (Y)

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
OK, that's a very cool idea and very nicely executed too; eminently rep-worthy. Now try Kandinsky's The Last Judgement on one of them :)

The only quibble I'd make is with the counts-as-Khârn figure - it's explicit in the fluff that Gorechild is a chainaxe, so it might look a little odd for him to have a normal bladed power weapon...

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
hmm, Slannesh, Pinks, Purples, but be careful not to stray into Tzeentch terratory.

Kharn does indeed have a Chain axe, a big one, the acutal model of kharn does it no justice.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Svartmetall and Orochi: Fristly, thank you for the replies. Secondly yeah, I thought the same about the axe, but aint have plastic card or something that seems propperly a chain axe. So, I looked into my bitbox and I saw this ork axe, wich the size was good and fits correctly.

Before painting him I'll try to solve this problem :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
yea agreed i'd say you need some teeth as well and it wouldn't be hard with GS or something but if not hey it still looks awesome :)

and love the paintings on the shoulder pads maybe some van gogh next hehe (it'd go with the scream in all fairness)

·
Registered
90 Posts
The poses of the marines are very natural and that balances well with your un-orthodox and brilliantly original painting style - of course when the bases are done the models will look even more viable. I love that textured red armour - fantastic.
As for Slannesh colour schemes, don't you get bored seeing pink and purple used for this chaos god? How about like a glossy black, S&M style? Decadent but deadly!
I can already see that you 'think outside the box', so whatever you choose I know it will look cool.
Thankyou for showing these.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Er, google it? I wouldn't want to lower the tone here but in terms of films think Hellraiser rather than the Gimp from Pulp fiction! Ha!

·
The Yellow King
890 Posts
your work is amazing and the idea is infinitly awesome... i will watch with avengance... seriously though the idea is just amazing and will look so good with the snow bases... i just wanna steal your idea and do it for my army its so good.. but alas i am not a theif and i like creating my own ideas.. but i might use how you created the rust effect for some of my orky vechiles.

·
Registered
90 Posts
AM., you should make this into a competition to guess the artist and name of the artwork.
Brilliant work, rep to you sir.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts