Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A club in my school just started and since the time after school games are shorter they have different rules. The max points is 400, must contain 1 troop, may have an HQ but no more than 1, no character with more than 2 wounds, no special characters, no 2+ saves, and no vehicles with a total Armour value greater than 33. I'm wondering what the best set for my black legion army would be for this. Most people at the club have never played 40k before (including myself) and was wondering what you guys think would be best for me to use.

-Zardahr

·
Registered
59 Posts
Take a lord and give him a power weapon. Two troops squads liek 6 man each with B.pistol and CC weapon and give em flamers. one oblit. and a chaos spawn.
Should be about 400 points and will be fun to play. Shoot with oblit get everything else in HTH. Good luck.

·
Registered
279 Posts
champ with troop choice and transport. I would give the champ lightning claws and the guys with him pistols and ccw. I got owned at patrol with just such a list =-) Your mbile coffin has a chance of lasting due to low points and so your ccw unit will get across the board relatively unscathed. I haven't seen the new codex so this may not be an option now (sorry if thats the case).

All the best,

Zeldrin

·
Registered
112 Posts
With the new codex the rhino is even more of an option, since it's 15 points cheaper. Beserkers do really well in this low a points level if you give them a rhino and champ with a power fist. Just charge them into CC and hack away until everything stops moving.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Seeing as all Chaos Marines have CCWs and Bolters and such, just take two squads of ten Chaos Marines, with a Champion in each, Power Weapons with them. Heavy Bolter per squad, Plasma Gun in one squad, and Flamer in the other.

Heavy Bolters and Plasma gun for the annoying Enemy, IE IG Sentinils or Tau Devilfish <.< the flamer for when your against orks........ Roast Ork, gotta love the smell :biggrin:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hmm. A five-man squad of k-sons in a rhino with a havoc launcher, the sorcerer has wind of chaos. Expensive, but you'll shred marines to bloody ribbons. And if you're facing armour, a multi-melta dread. A snip at 100pts!

·
Registered
279 Posts
The beauty of chaos (especially at this points level) is you can afford to throw all of your eggs in one basket so don't be afraid to lob on a few upgrades to a single squad in a vehicle. Two mid price units in rhinos may be even better. Powefists would be a logical choice for your champ if you will be facing slow vehicles or tough troops. If not, striking at the same time/first may serve you better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I say skip the Lord for now, if the points cost goes up to 500 then take a lord but because the new chaos Marines are so versitile you don't need a lord. take two squads of 8 marines, each with an aspiring champ with power sward, and melta bombs, and one squad a chaos rhino. Give one squad the icon of Chaos Glory, and give the other the icon of Khorn. I would give the icon of Khorn squad the rhino. and for the squad without the rhino give them a heavy weapon worth 10 points, your choice, it sould depend on who you were fighting, (ALWAYS take that into consideration, who are you fighting).

·
Registered
615 Posts
Works everytime

10 man Troop Squad (add ML or AC), with Rhino (Havoc Launcher)
8 man Havoc Sqaud, add some Heavy Bolters,

3 rounds of Static Fire, 3 Rounds of Close Combat , finish of the scatterd remains

:victory:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts