Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
later this month a friend and i will be entering a tournement as a team. i will be

playing chaos and he will be playing imperial guard. the rules for the event is

that each team can use 2000 points, so a 1000 per person. also, each team

shares a force organization chart. any advice u can offer on what units to use

for each of us, what tactics to use, and any other advice would be greatly

apprieted. thanks a bunch in advance.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I would make the CSM portion assault - oriented and the IG part tuned towards shooting, as that plays to their strengths. Then decide if you're taking a lot of Infantry or are going the Mech route.

To suggest further it would be good if you could tell us what Units/Models you both have available.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thnx for the reply! i was plannig on using a land raider with zerks, a rhino with a thousand son squad, 2 oblits, a tzeench deamon prince, and perhaps a dreaddnought. besides this i have availible anothrer squad of zerks, csm, a greater dsemon, lesser deamon squad, kharn, defiler. 5 lc termies, another rhino. and three bikes. im not sure what my friend is using but i think he said somthing about a leman rus squad, heavy teams, a valkry, yarik, and a sentienl squad. thnks again

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Well you have a decent mix of units..Kharn and Berserkers make a good c/c unit and there's tons of quality shooting there as well.

Should fare well.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would say try to let guard fill up the heavy slots with some long range PEW PEW, while you fill elite or CC punch.

If you plan on using a raider with zerks a good way to get around using up a FoC slot is to get yourself a unit of 3 Termi's with Combi meltas and a dedicated LR. You can then deep strike the termi's and melta pew pew something, and give their LR to the Zerks + Kharn.

I would also assume each players FoC will require 1 HQ and 2 Troops, which seems to be the norm for these type of events. Another good way to get around using up too many FoC slots would be to run your greater daemon. He won't take a slot and gets I nice big killy machine on the table. You could also use your bike to Turbo boost and deploy the big guy.

Little list I put together for you at 1k Points... comes to 991. It gives you Suicide Melta, a big killy MC, 1 super CC using in Kharn + zerks another Squad of zerks for CC punch and gives you another AC to bring the GD from. Another Option would to be drop 1 Combi melt from a termi and make him a champ, its risky though as the GD may arrive from reserve before the Termi. Although you could walk the Termi's across the board to be safe, i'm sure there are more pressing thing on the board to kill other than 3 Termi's going for a strole

HQ

Kharn 165

GD 100
(not taking a FoC slot)

Elites

Termi's 105
X3 Combi Melta
DT -LR 220

Troops

Zerkers 183
x8
AC

Zerkers 218
x8
AC
Rhino

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thnxs so much for the list. i would love to field some combi melta termies but all of mine are assalt. could u suggest some list ideas for the imperial player? thnk you

p.s. the rule is that each player has to have one hq and one troop choice. i like the idea about using the greater deamon

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Have a gander at some lists in the IG Army Lists Forum...plenty of examples for you to get ideas from.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Well, for the guard list, I just threw something together quickly that reminds me of vaguely of something a guy I know did for a 750 doubles tournament. Him and an Ork player just decimated the opposition, and I expect that you being assault oriented and him being shooting oriented will work just as great.

Here it is:
Code:
Unnamed1000 Pts  -   Imperial Guard Army

4 Company Command Squad (HQ) @ 145 Pts
     Close Combat Weapon; Lasguns; Meltagun (x4); Frag Grenades; Flak Armour

1 Company Commander @ [22] Pts
          Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon; Frag Grenades; Flak Armour; Refractor
          Field; Senior Officer

1 Chimera @ [55] Pts
          Multi-Laser; Hull Heavy Flamer
          #Smoke Launchers [0]
          #Searchlight [0]

9 Veteran Squad (Troops) @ 155 Pts
     Close Combat Weapon; Lasgun (x6); Meltagun (x3); Frag Grenades; Krak
     Grenades; Flak Armour

1 Veteran Sergeant @ [7] Pts
          Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Flak
          Armour

1 Chimera @ [55] Pts
          #Smoke Launchers [0]
          #Searchlight [0]

Grenades; Flak Armour

Armour

1 Chimera @ [55] Pts
          #Smoke Launchers [0]
          #Searchlight [0]

Grenades; Flak Armour

Armour

1 Chimera @ [55] Pts
          #Smoke Launchers [0]
          #Searchlight [0]

1 Vendetta Gunship Squadron (Fast Attack) @ 130 Pts
     TL Lascannon; TL Lascannon (2)
     #Searchlight [0]
     #Extra Armour [0]

#Searchlight [0]
     #Extra Armour [0]

#Searchlight [0]
     #Extra Armour [0]

Models in Army: 42
3 Vendettas, 3 meltavets and a company command squad with meltas. Should open those metal boxes for your berzerkers to enjoy :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thnx for the ideas. do u think my deamon prince clumping units together and then his leman russes blasting them would be good??

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
u take elites he takes heavy support u take 1 hq he takes another u take 1 fa he takes 1 fa
and u flip a coin on the last its pretty fair

1 - 10 of 10 Posts