Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here goes the first incarnation of my tourney list. I’m going to do it on the models I have, and with any luck, I can win some boxes over the next few months and pick up some things I’d like to have (like plague marines, oblits, thousand sons, and a vindicator or 2) to change up my options.

Before I hear any cries about the double lash, IT’S A TOURNEMENT LIST! :p

I actually want to transform my typical army towards a nurgle-y list, but I’m having issues finding the parts I want for my daemon prince (anyone got a spare pair of the old oop zombie dragon wings from fantasy?)

In the mean time, here goes…

HQ- Sorcerer- Jump pack, Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of Submission, Personal Icon. 150 pts.

HQ- Daemon Prince- Mark of Slaanesh, Wings, Lash of Submission. 155 pts.

Troop- 14 Chaos Marines- Icon of Tzeentch, 2 Plasma Guns, Champion w/ Power Weapon.
310 pts.

Troop- 14 Chaos Marines- Icon of Tzeentch, 2 Plasma Guns, Champion w/ Power Weapon.
310 pts.

Troop- 8 Noise Marines- Icon, 1 Blastmaster, Champion w/ Doom Siren and Power Weapon, Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher.
300 pts.

Heavy- 1 Defiler- 2 Close Combat Weapon upgrades.
150 pts.

Heavy- 1 Defiler- 2 Close Combat Weapon upgrades.
150 pts.

Heavy- 1 Predator- Autocannon, Sponson Heavy Bolters, Havoc Launcher, Daemonic Possession, Dozer Blade
140 pts.

Elite- 5 Terminators- Icon of Slaanesh, 2 Champions w/ pairs of Lightning Claws ea.
205 pts.

Other- 10 Lesser Daemons- (will probably split this into 2 units of 5)
130 pts.

2000 Points Total

The goal is to be on the move with everything, except possibly the noise marines. They will lay down the Blastmaster if needed, or if they’ve done what they can in an area of the field, hop in the rhino and run to help out elsewhere or to take an objective. If they find themselves near an assault unit, a well placed lash can hopefully drive the unit into range for the siren and an init 5 assault.

The defilers are designed with melee mostly in mind. Along the way, they will lay down a barrage of anti-meq firepower to hopefully soften things for my other squad. If that is not needed, they can fleet the extra inches they might need to quickly take out some enemy armor.

The pred is simply supposed to be my mobile anti-infantry platform. It will slowly advance laying down support fire unless it is flat out destroyed.

The terminators are just there to get into melee asap. Designed for taking down characters and other hard infantry things.

Hopefully the 2 meat shield units will draw most of the fire away from many other things in my army. I gave them tzeentch icons so they would have more staying power for this role. If they find themselves under assault, the champ has a power weapon to help dislodge any resistance.

Thoughts?

Am I nuts; will this list fail miserably?

Also, I have a tendancy to get paired with mech eldar more than anyone ever should... what do you all recommend putting in here to combat them more effectively?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Interesting list, decent tourney, may make the 2 14 squads 10 and make another 5man and maybe use the extra points to add to the 5 man or make a infiltrating chosen squad with lots of special weapos, and possibly some power fists, champs with fists = good :p you do have the defilers but those probably wont last too long fleeting vs a meq list, not too sure though, its what your oponent takes as priority, which imo are the defilers your main sourse of anti vehicle, you have the DP yes, but he'll probably be busy lashing, this is just my opinion, the list still looks very solid

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input.

I'm thinking about reducing some squads to make a 5 man chosen, but I'd lose 10 models to do it, so I'm not sure it's worth it just to get another str 8 weapon.

I suppose I could run another squad of basic csm with a mark and a melta though. maybe put them in another rhino.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts