Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Putting an assault-oriented HQ on a bike is a risking endeavor because you have to make dangerous terrain test if you assault in difficult terrain. Personally I think your Chaos Lord would benefit more with Terminator armor instead of the bike and having the termie squad with the Lord.

As suggested, drop the Icon Of Tzeentch for the termies as it's too expensive for such a small squad. Also having a couple of combi-meltas isn't enough to take on any heavies. Putting a power or chainfist on one of your termies would give your squad the ability to assault heavies.

You may also want to consider taking Icon for Chaos Glory for your squad without any Icons. IMHO, the re-rolls on morale for 10 points is well worth it.

For your Vindicator, I'd take Daemonic Possession over Extra armor. The loss of BS doesn't matter for the ordinance weapon on the vindicator. Also I am not too keen on the idea of extra armor for your predators. Your predators with lascannons already have good range so guaranteed movement isn't all that vital. One thing you might want to consider is making one of your predators a dakka pred and making the other a las pred. IMO, that gives it your predators a little more diversity and the ability to handle swarm armies more.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The list is looking better.

Taking Mark of Khorne with a Daemon Weapon means that you'll be supplying your Lord with Bloodfeeder. IMO, it's a risky proposal to have in tournament play (1 on either 2d6 means you can't assualt and take a wound). I'd either take the MoK or the Daemon Weapon for your Lord but necessarily both.

Some may disagree but I don't think upgrading one of your Dreadnoughts twin-linked bolter for a heavy flamer to be all a bad idea especially if facing a swarm army.

You also forgot to take a 2nd special weapon for your MoK assault squad.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Catzeentch is correct. All Aspiring Champion gives you is +1 attack for termies which is costing you 50 points. You can take MoK for 30 points giving all your models the same thing. You only want to take AC on your termies if you were taking another Icon and even then as suggested, probably only want to do a few of them as 10 points a pop can turn your terminators in a sizable investment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A friend of mine says this army doesn't sound very templarish, but i have already bough 2 squads a rhino and a pred. Does anybody have any advice on what I can do army wise and modeling wise that would make this army more Templarish?
Army composition won't matter as much as what models you to make it look like a fall Black Templar chaos army. You want to use loyalist models from your troops to your vehicles and as suggested, maybe a Emperor's Champion as your Chaos Lord.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts