Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here is my first attempt at a "fight anything" chaos army for a rogue traders. This army is themed as a black templar army that has fallen from the light of the emperor.

Chaos lord-160
Bike
deamon weapon

Dreadnought-140
twin linked lascannon
extra armour
missle launcher

Dreadnought-145
twin linked lascannon
extra armour
heavy flamer

terminators(3)-190
champions(3)
reaper autocannon
combi meltas(2)
icon of tzeetch

Chaos space marines(10)-300
aspiring champion
powerfist
plasma pistol
meltagun
icon of khorne
Rhino
Havoc launcher
dozer blade

Chaos space marines(10)-225
Aspiring champoin
powersword
plasma pistol
plasmaguns(2)

chaos space marines(10)
aspiring champion
powersword
plasma pistol
meltaguns(2)

Predator-160
sponson lascannons
havoc launcher
extra armour

Predator-160
sponson lascannons
havoc launcher
extra armour

Vindicator-155
extra armour
havoc launcher

total-1850

·
Registered
275 Posts
a couple of things.

why give your lord a bike?? he will be on his own (wont he)

i would drop the icon of tzench of the terminators, drop the havoc launchers off the predators (as you should be shotting tanks with tri lascannons) drop the plasma pistols of the champions as well.

with this saved i would give the lord mark of khorne for some fun lol

if it was mine i would swop the weapons on the dreads to plasmacannons and power fists (storm bolters)

hope this helps and good luck

martin

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my original plan was for my lord to run around following the rhino because I can't fit him in with the squad and have a rhino for them

·
Registered
202 Posts
Martin4696 gives some very good advice. The only thing I would add to it is swap the lord on the bike for a jump pack.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Putting an assault-oriented HQ on a bike is a risking endeavor because you have to make dangerous terrain test if you assault in difficult terrain. Personally I think your Chaos Lord would benefit more with Terminator armor instead of the bike and having the termie squad with the Lord.

As suggested, drop the Icon Of Tzeentch for the termies as it's too expensive for such a small squad. Also having a couple of combi-meltas isn't enough to take on any heavies. Putting a power or chainfist on one of your termies would give your squad the ability to assault heavies.

You may also want to consider taking Icon for Chaos Glory for your squad without any Icons. IMHO, the re-rolls on morale for 10 points is well worth it.

For your Vindicator, I'd take Daemonic Possession over Extra armor. The loss of BS doesn't matter for the ordinance weapon on the vindicator. Also I am not too keen on the idea of extra armor for your predators. Your predators with lascannons already have good range so guaranteed movement isn't all that vital. One thing you might want to consider is making one of your predators a dakka pred and making the other a las pred. IMO, that gives it your predators a little more diversity and the ability to handle swarm armies more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright here is the new list with some changes made in red, I have 30 points and i don't know what to spend them on, ideas?

Chaos lord-160
terminator armour
deamon weapon
combi melta
Mark of khorne

Dreadnought-120
plasma cannon
extra armour

Dreadnought-120
plasma cannon
extra armour

terminators(5)-265
champions(5)
reaper autocannon
combi meltas(2)
chainfist(2)

Chaos space marines(10)-285
aspiring champion
powerfist
meltagun
icon of khorne
Rhino
Havoc launcher
dozer blade

Chaos space marines(10)-220
Aspiring champoin
powersword
plasmaguns(2)
icon of chaos glory

chaos space marines(10)-210
aspiring champion
powersword
meltaguns(2)
Icon of chaos glory

Predator-115
sponson heavy bolters
havoc launcher
Predator-180
sponson lascannons
turret lascannons
havoc launcher

Vindicator-145
deamonic possession
havoc launcher

total-1820

·
Registered
31 Posts
The list is looking better.

Taking Mark of Khorne with a Daemon Weapon means that you'll be supplying your Lord with Bloodfeeder. IMO, it's a risky proposal to have in tournament play (1 on either 2d6 means you can't assualt and take a wound). I'd either take the MoK or the Daemon Weapon for your Lord but necessarily both.

Some may disagree but I don't think upgrading one of your Dreadnoughts twin-linked bolter for a heavy flamer to be all a bad idea especially if facing a swarm army.

You also forgot to take a 2nd special weapon for your MoK assault squad.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ok,

It is very good except for a few things imo, don't have 5 champions in your termie squad maybe just one or two.

No more havoc on your vindicator.

And maybe make a really really big khorne unit with 20 MARINES. And maybe give them two meltas or flamers.

And maybe you should give your glory squads some heavy weapons like Autocannons, 5 points more compared to a plasma, and since they have glory, it is unlikely they will run.

Again an awesome list:so_happy:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Catzeentch is correct. All Aspiring Champion gives you is +1 attack for termies which is costing you 50 points. You can take MoK for 30 points giving all your models the same thing. You only want to take AC on your termies if you were taking another Icon and even then as suggested, probably only want to do a few of them as 10 points a pop can turn your terminators in a sizable investment.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ok,
No more havoc on your vindicator.
Why not take the havoc launcher? The Vindicator 's cannon is 24" what if the unit is outside of that are you just going to leave it alone? No the Havoc launcher isn't the best weapon in the game but it is as far as Chaos vehicle weapon upgrades go and what does it cost like 5pts?

As for the list good base, the only thing I would do differently is lose both of the Dread's (i can't stand chaos Dread's, but I know you were using them for fire support)and get some Raptor's or Havoc's.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The cost for the HL is 15, the same for Extra Armour and several knick-nacs in a squad.
And good point about the out of range, but it can always zoom 12" and pop smoke if need be.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A friend of mine says this army doesn't sound very templarish, but i have already bough 2 squads a rhino and a pred. Does anybody have any advice on what I can do army wise and modeling wise that would make this army more Templarish?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Use an emperor's champ and defile him to look chaos, i.e. mark up the model with the 8-pointed star and just use the black templar upgrade kit and go to
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/chaosspacemarines/painting/cults/default.htm
for some ideas on converting your squads specificly to their patron god, only with newer armour.
Also you might want to think about mixing parts between chaos and BT to show the defilment of imperial signia, but newer armour.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A friend of mine says this army doesn't sound very templarish, but i have already bough 2 squads a rhino and a pred. Does anybody have any advice on what I can do army wise and modeling wise that would make this army more Templarish?
Army composition won't matter as much as what models you to make it look like a fall Black Templar chaos army. You want to use loyalist models from your troops to your vehicles and as suggested, maybe a Emperor's Champion as your Chaos Lord.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alright so while looking around on the web i found a site about a marine company called the fighting tigers of Veda(way cool site by the way). There they have themed army ideas and I ran across one about a force of warriors that are the mix between bezerkers and space wolves called the white wolves and suddenly i thought how cool would that be ,seeing as how i have only one unit painted, that I give this force a try. I only have one unit so I will call them mercs or something to that effect. I will have a rough list written up within about 2 days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts