Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have thought over my list after listening to the 40k radio, and i figured why not try another list

Tourney list V.1

HQ
Sorcerer-125
-Lash of submission
-Mark of Slaanesh

Elites
8 chosen-199
-2 melta guns
-aspiring champ w/ powerfist

4 termies-155
-4 combi meltas
-1 chainfist

Troops
10 Noise marines(X3)-310(930)
-Aspiring champ w/ power weapon
-8 sonic blasters
-1 blastmaster

Heavy support
2 oblits-150
2 oblits-150

Its my attempt at a tourney list. Sort of weighted towards hordes as now that he NEW ork codex came out, i'm expecting many orky players.

Overall a static gunline with plenty of firepower and i've done the math. It takes on average 3 1ksons to kill a space marine, and 3 noise marines to kill a space marine so same meq killing, but a little more pricy.
On the other hand it takes 3 1ksons to kill an ork, but only 1 noise marine to kill an ork. So my point is that even though they're an extra 2 points. They are more effective in most ways except for survivability(but that is what cover is for)

Sorcerer-its the lash, only reason. But now it actually fits my army!:so_happy:

Oblits-Most of the time i don't deep strike as i prefer to have those shots. They are there for early yank hunting or MEQ killing for my noise marines that tend to be out of range. Overall i don't expect them to live past turn 3

Termies-Deal with the tanks hidden behind terrain that is pissing me off otherwise if no tanks are present, to go as a stalin gforce or as a useful unit to hold objectives/contest for a turn or two so i can re-arrange my forces. Not to sure about this idea though, i think i could make a better choice with these points.

Chosen-If i'm lucky and infiltrate is in play i will set these guys up on a flank and try to make the enemy think about there movements. Make them waste time and have a thorn in their side. They are obvilously used as a early tank hunting force if there are tanks on the field.

So, the list isn't perfect and I know. I just want to know WHY!?
Again this was a spur of the moment idea and all help and comments welcome...no mater how brutal.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
so your not going to have a icon or 2 for your termies? in case you need them in your lines?

me personaly doesn't see anything wrong with this list.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Maybe I'm just being stupid, (entirely possible mind you), but I only see 1 troop choice? Don't you need 2 at least for a Tourney list?

Bear in mind that i've never been to a tourney before though... :blush:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
he has 3 of the same unit thats why it's 960 in total. there 320 each

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so far, but now i have an extra 40 points. I could spend it on a termie icon or try to work on my chosen.

Any thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts