Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to make this army pretty well rounded so it can go up agianst any army and well at the least not totally get tourn apart. For the most part I go up agianst tau,IG,Orks Eldar and nercons, but I also go up agianst everything else just not as often. Anyways here is the list any advice or words of wisdom for problems I might run into would be awesome. Thanks guys!

HQ
---------
Lord
-Jump pack
-mark of khorne
total = 120

Troops
---------
Chaos Space Marines X 10
-mark of chaos glory
total = 160

Chaos Space Marines X 10
-mark of chaos glory
total = 160

Chaos Space Marines X 10
-mark of chaos glory
total = 160

Fast attack
---------------
Raptors X 10
-Champ with power fist
total = 240

Raptors X 10
-Champ with power fist
total = 240

Heavy SUpport
---------------
Predator
-twin linked las turret
-HB sponsons
total = 135

Predator
-twin linked las turret
-HB sponsons
total = 135

(The last heavy support choice can be changed out depending on what would be best)

Predator
-twin linked las turret
-HB sponsons
total = 135

or

Defiler
total = 150

or

Vindicator
-Daemonic possession
total- 145

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
if your going to have 10 man squads you might as well put a heavy and special weapon in each, or 2 specials maybe. Other than that the list looks fine.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Interesting to see that you have gone for so many troops without upgrades. Normally we see lists with too many upgrades and not enough guys. I think you probably go too far the other way.

I suggest losing about 5 guys from your chaos marines and some of your raptors. Maybe even a few more. Use these points to get special and heavy weapons in your marine squads. Maybe try upgrading one of the basic chaos marine units to chosen.

·
Registered
598 Posts
as before, with larger squads, equip them with heavy weapons.
wow, a lot of raptors
i think you need a havoc sqaud, but if you like tanks and they fit with your assalt tactics, then keep em
not bad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Now I see alot about my CSM squads not having any heavy weapons. The reason that they dont was you cant use heavy weapons and still move and I didnt really plan on having them stand around awhole lot however, now that I think about it I guess I can see the use in them what would you guys sugjest I take?

For the heavy support thats is just kinda open for whatever would work out the best. I had points set just aside for heavy support that I can change out. I have never used a havoc squad how well do they work out compared to tanks and oblits?

I went for alot of raptors cause well I just like them really. Plus I dont seem to see alot of army list with alot of them in there so I figured hey why not.

I didnt give the lord awhole lot cause well for one I didnt have the points really but I guess I could drop the power fists on the raptors and use those points for the lord. My plan was to have him tag along with one of the raptor squads to give whatever squad he is with a litte bit more of a bunch.

Oh almost forgot about the chosen one idea. I can see that being help as the raptors are prolly going to get to the enemy a turn or 2 before the rest of the CSM do so putting them a little pit closer to the front of the lines would help them out. WHat would be a good squad # for them 6 or 8? also what for weapons since they would be closer to the enemy a flamer maybe? or perhaps a lascannon or missle launcher to maybe get a shot at some side armor or try and drop a transport quick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts