Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me know you thoughts, this is the first list I've ever put up to forums, so I hope to get some good tips.
1500 Pt. Games. Main enemies: Chaos Daemons, Blood Angels, Necrons
HQ
Nurgle Prince-wings, warptime-175

Slan Prince-wings, lash -155

Greater Daemon 100

Elites-
Chosen x5 meltas -200
champ
Mark of Chaos Glory
rhino+twin linked bolter

Troops- 281
Plague Marines x7
champ + fist
plasma x2
rhino+havoc

Troops- 281
Plague Marines x7
champ + fist
plasma x2
rhino+havoc

Troops- 305
Zerkers x10
champ +fist
rhino+extra armour+dozer

Ok guys here's the basic idea.
Princes and Zerkers move down the field, to take/contest objectives/kill things.
Chosen use outflank, to come in with the goal of popping a tank/MC or two, more or less suicide unit.

Plague Marines are objective hunters. their goal is to hold objectives from the start, or move in after the princes/zerks/chosen/GD have made a mess.

The reason i have two different princes: I love lash but half the people i play are mech addicted, and the other have are infantry heavy that lack things that interupt psychic powers, lash is a great investment for who i play against half of the time, so taking two would be a waste, but taking none would make me feel weird. The nurgle prince is there to kill things, nuff said. I would probably hide the lash prince behind the Zerker rhino as they fly up the field.
Probably send Lash prince at HQ/MC's units cause of his high init. And the Nurgle prince at hordes cause of his high toughness and re'rolls.

All units have a champ in them for bringing in a hat trick Greater Daemon, where needed. Also the Champs have power fists, so that MC's and Walkers will think a little more about charging me, making each one of my units a little scarier.

as for rhinos Havoc Launchers are there cause extra points and for just some extra ranged things which you can see i am almost bare on. Extra armour and dozer on the zerk rhino is because I want the zerks to get there, i don't want to be scared of DT or not moving a turn.
Over all.
3 MC's
4 Tanks
24 scoring troops, 14 with feel no pain and blight nades
and 1 "kill something" suicide unit, that possibly is the Greater Daemons host. in essence, in an objective based game i hope to control at least one objective and contest all the others.
My past lists have been extremely raptor heavy, and have done incredibly well against everything, this is my first non Raptor list, let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
496 Posts
So would you suggest that i drop the Havocs on the rhinos and take up Extra Armour?
EA only belongs on the Zerker rhino, also Khornes number is 8 >.>

your Zerker numbers Displease Khorne

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
So would you suggest that i drop the Havocs on the rhinos and take up Extra Armour?
Yes, or at least enough to make up for what you need in terms the extra armors. You wont be shooting as you will probably have your smoke up until you reach the enemy. if you have spare points to put a couple havocs, go for it. But first you need to get those troops up there without having to worry about your vehicals not moving for whole turns.

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
HQ
• Daemon Prince
- Wings; Warptime
155 points
• Daemon Prince - Mark of Slaanesh; Wings; Lash of Submission
155 points

ELITES
• 5 Chosen
- Icon of Chaos Glory; 5 meltaguns
150 points

TROOPS
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers
- Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino
243 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
256 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 flamers; Rhino
246 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• 2 Obliterators

150 points
• Vindicator - Daemonic Possession
145 points

TOTAL:
1,500 points

Slightly reworked; gives you a nice Str 10 pie-plate from the Vindicator to Lash things into and 2 Obliterators for general-purpose heavy supportness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts