• 6/10

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 7/10

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 8/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 4 36.4%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey! rough draft of exactly 1000 pts of my..

Word Bearers

[[take two]]
Take 2.5 in Orange

HQ::

Terminator Sorceror Lord [["Dark Apostle"]]

-Force Weapon [[Accursed Crozius]]
-Combi-Melta
-Mark of Nurgle
-Familiar
-Gift of Chaos + Warptime
..........................................200pts

Greater Daemon
.........................................100pts

Elites::

Possesed Squad x 5
.........................................130pts

Troops::
-Filled out-

Chaos Space Marines x 9
-meltagun
-Rhino
Chaos Aspiring Champion x 1
--Power fist
--Reg. ccw
........................................200pts

Chaos Space Marines x 9
-meltagun
-Rhino
Chaos Aspiring Champion x 1
--Power fist
--Reg. ccw
........................................200pts

Fast Attack::

Scratched
........................................00pts

Heavy Support::

Chaos Havocs x 4
-4 Missile launchers
Aspiring Champion x 1
........................................170pts

---------------------------------------
For a grand total of exactly 1000pts
---------------------------------------

SO- Crap? When you see the list is it screaming NOOB? Be brutally honest if you will, how the hell else am i gonna get any better?

·
Registered
598 Posts
hmm, i think you dont need the greater demon, its just a waste of points
i think you should use those points on a tank, or on some more heavy hitters
but if it helps in your tactics, then go for it
looks good!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, the Greater Daemon was bought soley because of the word Daemon in the name, I love Word Bearers, and Word Bearers love daemons :picknose:

·
Registered
598 Posts
also, with the havocs, maybe you should change it from just a sole rocket launcher squad
maybe some variation might help with swarm armies, etc?

·
Registered
804 Posts
drop the spawn to fill out your chaos marine squads and possibly give them plasma/melta

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Alright I made updates
[[shown in lime green]]

And wolf I chose the rocket launcher squad because I thought them to be more effective using Krak missiles for any vehicles + heavy infantry, and the frag missiles for the more numerous foes, but this is a list made to fend off other Chaos, Necron, and the occasional DHs - not so much the masses.

If you feel strongly that I should use more diversity let me know though, i wont turn a veterans opinion down except on a rare occasion, and I just freaking love the Greater Daemon, I'm thinking cheap to buy, and looks like a cc master - let experience punch me in the face and show me not to use one of my favorite models

--I still want criticism! please

QUESTION - Which would be more preferable, a melta gun in each CSM squad or a mark of Chaos Undivided in each? theyd both be twenty points, right now I have the meltaguns up but i'm contemplating the banners only cause i'm facing some Daemon hunters this monday

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I added a "2.5" in orange as a better way to make use of the Greater Daemon, and at least when I face a necron it wont take half the battle to get to his lines... although his gauss weaponry might not be the best thing to charge a Rhino into.. Any input?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would drop the Possessed and the Greater Deamon, replacing them with another squad of Havocs gears just like your existing one; I would then add one man to each Havoc squad; and finally I would use the remaining 30 points to get Extra Armor on both of you Rhino transports.

With those changes I think you would have a fearsome force with some good close in punch, coupled with some impressive ranged firepower.

One thing bothers me still though: the Sorcerer in Terminator Armour. It doesn't have any other Terminators to run with, doesn't fit with any other existing unit, and will have a hard time getting into range for it's powers or into close combat. At higher point values, say 1850-2000 points, I would add a Landraider and some Terminators to form a unit with your Sorcerer. That would give you a nice brick unit, though it is costly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would agree with dropping the Greater deamon as you can spend the same amount of points on some raptors to give a bit a fast assaulters but other than that not bad:victory:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts