Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im working on a 1000 point chaos space marine list and wanted to get some feed back.

Chaos Lord
-Mark of Nurgle
-Chaos Bike
-Lightning Claw
-Sigil of Corruption

Plague Marines
-x10
-Plasma Gun

Cultists
-x20

Chaos Spawn
-x5
-Mark of Nurgle

Obliterator
-x2
-Mark of Nurgle x2

Heldrake

------------

It come out to be 997 points. The Lord on bike goes with the Chaos Spawn and I'm thinking about finding the points to give him the burning brand or maybe black mace? Not sure which would be better. Also if i drop one Obliterator I can exchange the Lord on bike for Typhus so i can make the cultists into zombies. Im not sure if he's worth the points though.

When bumping this list up to 1500 I'm thinking about summoning in the denizens of the warp by adding:

Great Unclean One
-Lvl 3
-Greater Reward
-Exalted Reward

Horrors
-x10

Ill also have the points to give the plague marines a rhino and give the lord some kind of cool artifact. At this point if i go with the Lord on bike instead of Typhus I can give the cultists the mark of Nurgle to add some more durability. What do you all think?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
The plague marines could lose 3 bodies and get a 2nd plasma and a rhino. under 2000 pts i usually advice against typhus due to his steep cost. also, you don't really need zombies, outside of fluff reasons.
I'd swap the spawns for bikers, if you want to join them with the lord, otherwise he would be singled out with "focus fire" rule (he gets a cover save moving with the bike, while the spawns don't). Mace is good only in a daemon prince hand, it's just VP4:( unless you know you are going against imperial guard or squishy eldar armies.
About the 1500 add ons: you are spending 370-ish pts on a single model...think twice. a single turn of shooting can take the critter down. also, he is slow as hell, easily avoidable and not so tough as you might like to think ;) why not a nurgle herald with ap2 weapon, 10 + 10 plaguebearers and a nurgle daemon prince with wings?
This is imo, of course

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply! You have some very good advice, what are your thoughts on replacing the plague marines with a 10 strong unit of regular CSM with mark of Slaanesh and banner of excess? If i do this then it would free up enough points to give them a second plasma gun and a rhino. (10 CSM with mark of slaanesh, 2 plasma, and rhino =255. 10 Plague Marines, 1 plasma=255. oddly enough).

The Great Unclean One is actually 290 points, not 370. But i see what your saying with spending so much on one model, i just felt that biomancy would have good buffs for this army. I usually like to stick with the greater demons when i can because they wont get insta-gibbed by a lucky str10 shot, but at 1500 i might just drop the biker lord for a Demon Prince and not include demon allies.

I think your misinterpreting the 'focus fire' rules. As i understand it's more for shooting at models who are outside of cover so that you have a better chance of killing them, not for shooting at models who are in cover while excluding their friends who are standing out in the open.

BRB p.18 "If you choose to focus fire, choose a cover save. This can be between 2+ and 6+. Your opponent can only allocate wounds to models with a cover save equal to or worse (i.e a higher value) than the value stated. Alternatively, you can declare focus fire against models with no cover save."

So, if my opponent chose to "focus fire 5+" to try to single out my lord on bike, I can allocate any wounds that he causes on the spawn who have a worse cover save "-" than the biker lord.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts