• Other

Votes: 6 19.4%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(booo bad pun!)
Anyway i have been playing Vanillia marines for a while and with the way my marines are painted they seems like gay Blood angels with all the red and pink on them (gay blood angels, next you will tell be the Sisters of battle are religious). Anyway i have had enoguth with the boaring coulor scheme for them and want to slowly re-paint them with some of them getting a new Blood Angels paint job and other going to another Vanillia chapter. However i'm un sure on what chapture. I wanted to go with one of the big 5 (ultramarines don't count) being Salamanders, Crimson Fists, Imperial Fists, White scars and Raven Guard however i can't deside which. Raven guard seems unlikly due to a friend playing them and my jump marines goign to the blood angels rather than this chapter. So i wanted to ask you guys what should i do. If you have any other chaptures (such as Genisis or Auroua) that would make sence having the apropiate captain in then please suggest it.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
I just chose to vote Crimson Fists, as fluff vise they are the greatest of those...

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I had to tout imperial fists, I hate marines but if put into a dark jail cell and told I had to paint marines or die they would be yellow flavoured

·
Registered
855 Posts
'Big 5' and you left off the Sons of Russ...

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
ULTREMARINES!!! Real men play Blue Marines!:biggrin:

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
My bias falls towards the Imperial Fists.

Also depends on what your plan is, are you aiming for a fluffy army, ie White Scars so lots of bikes or Salamanders lots of flamers/meltas/thunder hammers. If your going for an all-comers army then Crimson Fists or Imperial Fists seem to be the go. Both Fists armies have some nice bitz (the GW Fists conversion pack looks nice). As Bits has said moving to a dark blue scheme from a red scheme will be easier. However, the more difficult (initially) yellow scheme of the Imperial Fists will probably give you a greater sense of accomplishment, as we all know yellow isnt an easy colour to paint, but once you get a good technique set up.

Grish

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
I've always had a soft spot for big men with implants.....shame you don't have Iron hands on the list so i'll vote other.
You, my friend, have just been Rocco'd.

Personally, I'd go for White Scars. You don't need to run them on bikes, but Khan is a dirty burger in a Terminator Assault or Tooled up Vanguard or Command Squad, and you don't need to lose Combat Tactics either (Outflank is rarely useful unless you have a Land Raider Prometheus or Damocles Rhino on the battlefield - or both - Reroll and a +1 to reserves? Happy days).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
*cough* Iron Hands *cough*

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
id go WS but i think you should choose a different path from Dorn - Black Templars

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
id go WS but i think you should choose a different path from Dorn - Black Templars
Erm not to be pedantic but aren't black templars descended from fists? Infact wasn't the first captaimn (i wanna say sigismund) the first emperors champion?
Anywho what happened to DA but I suppose that aren't vanilla! And I believe there was a shout out for Iron hands also good stuff esp with the GW tatical squad you can pick up and the new forgeworld character upgrade set! Screams the boys of ferrus!
On thbe topic of FW there is that awesome libarian and honour guard for red scorpions so my vote is either red scorpions or iron hands!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so most say that i should go with Imperial fists. This would be more chalanging for painting wise but easy for money wise as i all ready have Lysander. Anyway, should i get the Foundation yellow jsut for them to help stop red popping up under there armour etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts