Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Rattlehead
6,727 Posts
About the Prince...you are right!!! I forgot about mastery levels! Argh! But all the equipment could become risky: blight grenades, meltabombs, sigils of corruption...basically a better daemonprince?
I'd say mastery levels, relics and armour save 3+.
OR open up princes to sigils of corruption, familiars, "mortal" equipment?
I guess you could say his grenades disappear, because his hands are now way too big to use them, but if the Warp can turn a human (well, close enough) into a giant winged demon, then I'm pretty sure it can scale a sword up - he should keep all his gear other than any grenades.

· Rattlehead
6,727 Posts
This isn't *quite* threadomancy, I think, since this is still in living memory, but I disagree that you should be able to buy your DP upgrades straight off the bat. Yeah, I know, it would make sense in fluff, but I just don't think you can get the balance right with an armoury system giving a Monstrous Creature access to the same wargear as a regular infantry dude, character though they be.

I quite like the idea that you keep your gear and turn into a Prince - it's always seemed to work well in Fantasy (well, except the time I spawned my 400pt Lord into a Daemon Prince which slingshotted him out of his unit and he promptly got Shriek'd to death by Terrorgheists, one of the very few hard counters to a WoC Prince).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.